Modding Help Error in .config of workbench

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by JudePAPS, May 21, 2018.

1. JudePAPS

JudePAPS Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I created a custom workbench with a custom interface, but when I open the crafting tab of the workbench, it brings me back to the main menu with an error : " Execption caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Error loading asset /frmncrft.config" something tells me it's the .config file but after numerous search, I can't find what wrong.

Attached Files:

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

posting error log always helps get your questions answered faster.

Here are the two important parts of your error log from when I ran the game and crashed..

Code:
    [14:46:45.489] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /frmncrft.config, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /frmncrft.config
    Code:
    Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/frmncrft.config'
    The first one, which is the one I assume you saw, lets you know it had trouble loading the config file. Once you scroll down more, it tells you there is no such asset as /frmncrft.config.

As you'll notice, there is no folder path, it's looking inside the same folder as the crafting table.
    when you look at your object file, you have this..

Code:
     "interactData" : {
        "config" : "/frmncrft.config",
        "filter" : [ "frmn" ]
      },

What it should look like this is...

Code:
     "interactData" : {
        "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/frmncrft.config",
        "filter" : [ "frmn" ]
      },

One you fix this issue, you're going to run into some more issues, because your image file paths in your config file need to be asolute. Instead of "/image.png" for your file paths, you will need "/interface/windowconfig/image.png"

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    JudePAPS and bk3k like this.
  3. JudePAPS

JudePAPS Void-Bound Voyager

It works now! Thanks for helping someone new in modding :nuruawe:

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Np! The starbound modding community is really great, a lot of helpful people here.

JudePAPS and DrPvtSkittles like this.