1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Erchius Horror Multiplayer Lockup !!NOT THE PHANTOM BEAM BUG!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nerva, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

First off,

THIS IS NOT THE PHANTOM BEAM/GETTING HIT WITHOUT BEAMS TOUCHING ISSUE.

This is a different issue with the Erchius Horror altogether.

In Multiplayer servers, when I take more than one hit from the Erchius horror in a row (in other words, when I stay in contact with his beams), the game will quickly lock up into an unresponsive state. The music continues to play, and apparently other players nearby will experience a bad lagspike for a moment until I'm disconnected, but on my screen the game locks up and must be forced to close with the Task Manager.

What I believe is occurring is that the client is reporting ticks of damage far too quickly for the server to keep up, causing a sudden glut of packet traffic that leads to a lockup. This only occurs in Multiplayer - in Single Player, the fight proceeds fine.

This is not an isolated incident. I can reproduce this issue on a number of different servers, particularly those hosted by friends.

I have no mods running, and I am on the Stable Branch - Upbeat Giraffe protocol 666.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.