Modding Help Enquiries about HUD elements regarding a planned UI mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by AuroraLatios, Mar 31, 2022.

1. AuroraLatios

AuroraLatios Space Hobo

Well, this is my first post here, and I will admit, I kinda am wanting to go in a bit into the deep end with regards to what I want to make mod wise. In that I do want to create two mods - one being a species, and the other being a User Interface (well, more like a Heads Up Display) one.

Now, I was just wondering how easy it is to modify the User Interface, especially regarding the size of certain elements (namely the Player and Party Health/Energy status and the Enemy/Boss health as examples) I have been making a few mockups which are currently still kinda WIP as I may want to adjust them later on, but I will share the current mockup I've done for the Player/Party status stuff.

[​IMG]

This is just using the base layout akin to base Starbound, but I am considering changing the party UI to be a bit more similar to how the party UI is in the Kingdom Hearts games - where the Health/Energy bars encircle the character portrait.

[​IMG]

I also did this mockup of the Boss Health Bar, which is slightly bigger than the default one in terms of size (due to the HP 'marker' at the bottom of the bar) and is one of the main reasons why I'm enquiring regarding this.

Of course, these designs are subject to change as I figure out just what I want from the HUD elements for the UI mod, as well as the limitations.