1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. Adrianblade

Adrianblade Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry should've been more clear. Anyway the mod does work, but only partially when it comes to playing on a multi player server. Any new chests/etc put down will have the larger space capacity, but not the trait in where the items stay in the containers. But just had to have my friend install your mod and then it works just fine. Just that every individual will need to have it installed in order to actually use it themselves.

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Alright, thanks for the information! :iswydt:

3. Shackleton

Shackleton Space Hobo

This is everything I wanted with chests and containers. Mainly the bigger standardized size based on the area each containers takes up. It's clever and elegant.

But the only thing that is keeping me from downloading and using it, is like any game that is moddable, and deals directly with inventory items...

What exactly will happen when say I forget to back up one day, and a few days later I get on and find that Steam updated the game without me noticing, and one of the updates conflicts with the mod so the mod disables. What happens to everything that's in those chests? Do they fall on the ground? One of the recent small updates added the code in for them to be able to drop items on log in if the chest is now too small. Or does all your stuff simply disappear and the game autosaves and it is all lost?

This is where mods that are based around storing items gets tricky, and the player needs to know well in advance exactly how it will handle it. You'll see your mod become pretty popular, then one fateful day without warning the game updates. People that use your mod hop in their game and find 90% of everything they've worked for wiped out. Couldn't blame them if they got angry.

But if on the front page had explicit instructions on what would happen to your items if the mod somehow gets disabled or otherwise stops working, then they were warned and could take appropriate precautions like backing up every time they log out or disabling automatic steam updates.

4. NeoVanAlemania

1. If the developers doesn't change anything in the basic code this mod works fine. They can update the containers (e.g. capacity) all the time but this mod overwrites the changes always to my defined capacity. If the mod doesn't work anymore after a Starbound update, all the items will fall on the ground. (Items which do not fit in the chest)
    2. All your savegames have up to 3 backup files, which are generated automaticly, in your mod folder. If steam updating without noticing and destroys your savegame, you can use these backups for restoring when the mod has been updated.
    3. I will update this mod if it is necessary. In case of a Starbound update all players can send me a pm about updating the mod.
    4. Don't forget: Starbound is in Beta status and the progression goes slowly. I can't promise something about the future. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

6. NeoVanAlemania

Thanks!
    Yep, I will. :)

7. Lubjoo

Lubjoo Void-Bound Voyager

boxception, just what i need, thnx!

8. NeoVanAlemania

Thanks! ;)

@sosmic: I am wondering about your suggestion with the compatibility to the Creative Mode Mod. This container have 256 slots right now, so why I should change anything?

9. sosmic

to be honest the main function in your mod i need the most, is the famous "chest keep their item when you break them" =p
    so if possible dont change the size on the creative mod chest just add the keep items thing
    same for pixel good store.

10. NeoVanAlemania

Ah ok. ;)
    But I think I will change the size for the Pixel Goods Store mod as well, it feels more consistently when all storage containers have the same size.

For Creative Mode I will add the script for the moveable containers only.

KateisLost and sosmic like this.
  11. sosmic

thank you sir you are the best =p

12. NeoVanAlemania

13. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

I would like to make a request can you make the metal barrels storage container so i can put my liquids in them lol. Also can you make the blood bank a storage container. Thx you for your mod. Help an old hoarder out lol.

14. NeoVanAlemania

I think yes. ;)

15. NeoVanAlemania

Did you mean these barrels or there are some more?

[​IMG]

16. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Yep those barrels

17. NeoVanAlemania

Alright, I got it. The barrels now have new special sounds for opening/closing too! ;)
    This small update coming out in the upcoming hour.

18. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

cool thx

19. NeoVanAlemania

20. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Glad to see barrels get some attention. How about Glitch Juice Kegs?