Engines! Start your racers!

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Musetrigger, May 26, 2013.

1. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Alright, if there was ever a race on a planet, it would be from one direction of the map to the other, but good golly gosh wouldn't it still be fun!?

I could totally picture the hoverbikes being adjustable and modded in their speed and perhaps their jumping ability, and with that the prospect of racing through forests like on flippin' ENDOR! Not to mention the engine sounds you'd hear if you crash or something while in 1st place and you hear your rivals swoop past you, waving their middle digit behind them. I would be totally for that.

Even if this suggestion was thrown out the window, I am still going to find a way to race in Starbound. It's going to happen on foot or on Swoopbikes.

2. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like it. I want it.

With special brackets for PVP on/off.

edit: although this hardly needs to be coded in, all it takes it a bit of track building and organization.

3. Musetrigger

Oh, that's hot. I am totally for this.

Perhaps when I make a server of my own I can find a nice desert planet, make bridges and carve out hills, turn it into a racing planet with jumps and obstacles.

4. Zaniel

Zaniel Space Penguin Leader

Nascar in space? I'm there.

5. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nascar is boring. This will be a little closer to Excitebike.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Flannflann64

Flannflann64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a good idea, but likes digs said, it hardly needs to be coded in. This only requires organization with you and your friends! I'll gladly race you any day, though! :D

7. Musetrigger

Well yeah. There wouldn't be that much work put into it by the race hosts themselves.

I also said that it would be cool to mod and manage our vehicles. Maybe they already have it in mind if they've made weapons of different stats. They did that, right?

8. Flannflann64

Flannflann64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

They haven't said very much on vehicles so far. I believe it's safe to assume they they will end up doing this though so don't worry!