1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Enforcer's jump height >:(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IsolatedCat, Jun 10, 2015.

1. IsolatedCat

IsolatedCat Space Hobo

Having a fairly frustrating time with Enforcer and this was recently compounded by being locked out of the objective due to Enforcer's abysmal maneuverability.

Not sure what the name of the level is, but it's the winter/snow one with various chains for scaling the sides with a vast open area in the middle. The set of chains on the left, from bottom to top, begin with a short chain and require a leap to the next that can't be made by the Enforcer without the right items, which doesn't really seem right. Getting locked out of the bonus sections is fine, but being unable to traverse whole sections of the map if item luck is against you is too much

• reVelske

reVelske Pangalactic Porcupine

Enforcer's default jump height is the same as everyone else's as far as I'm aware. There is a part of the chains that are rather difficult to reach and takes a bit of practice, make sure you've reached the absolute top before making the jump.
      I'll try run some tests tonight just to confirm this and maybe make a vid on it.

EDIT: COMPLETELY forgot about this, will remind myself to do it tonight or lunch time.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
      • IsolatedCat

IsolatedCat Space Hobo

Probably his base speed then. I'm fairly sure the Enforcer has a much tougher time with platforming than the others and it seemed like in this instance progress was impossible as a consequence

• reVelske

reVelske Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you might be talking about a different one to this, but either way, it SHOULD be of the same level of difficulty, you have to make the jump at the absolute tip of the chain.

• DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

That's not just an Enforcer thing. That particular ledge is a bitch and a half for ANYONE who doesn't have the extra "double jump" option like Miner. But it IS still do-able. It just demands perfection.

• IsolatedCat

IsolatedCat Space Hobo

Yep, that's the one. I stand corrected reVelske, despite spending what I thought was a fair amount of time trying to maximise the jump point for just this reason. Oh well