1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Enemy npc bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Skei, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Skei

Skei Void-Bound Voyager

I've got a bug affecting enemy npcs on generated planets and on missions, for some reason I can't hit them while they can hit me, they will highlight like a neutral npc to talk to but interacting does nothing and they continue to attack me. This wasn't a problem at the start of this playthrough and only started happening after I moved to my first temperate system.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log directly after you encounter the issue.

3. Skei

Skei Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is it, there are 5 log files that all have the same last modified time on them.

I looked at the bottom lines of this one and I think this is just after I entered a challenge door full of bandit npcs, all of which I still couldn't touch.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid doubleposts.

Also you have quite a few mods installed so it is most likely a mod incompatibility (and which is a crucial detail when posting here on the support forum). The issue is most likely caused by custom race effects so i assume its a race mod that is incompatible with your mod collection or something is messing with frackin races in general. Did any mods update since the last time? Have mods been added or even removed?

5. Skei

Skei Void-Bound Voyager

Only the Shellguard and architects desk mods have updated since the problem started, no mods have been added or removed before the problem occurred. I just ran the game without the Shellgaurd mod and the problem seems to have been completely fixed, thank you for your help.