1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Update related to Halloween received. Drahl attack has been fixed, and loving the new cloaking stuff.

3. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

wait theres a haloween update?

4. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

5. Aegonian

It's been on the Steam Workshop for a bit now, didn't have time to upload it here before. It's here now, though!

6. DinoExplorer2000

OH SHIT WHERE THE HEC* DID I KEEP MY STARBOUND BACKUP FILES HAVE TO COLLECT STUFF

these Limited time masks, two questions,
    how do I get them? from caches or looting crates?
    and will they be spawnable With commands after the event is over or will they be removed from the game?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2018
  7. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Doot doodeleydoot. Spooky scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine. or chassis, in the case of the droden or trink. Huh.

8. Aegonian

You can get masks from the Harrowing vendor only (the one with the pumpkin mask in the Creon Embassy). She sells Harrowing Caches, which are guaranteed to drop a random mask and one to three pieces of candy, but you can also purchase the masks directly after completing the Harrowing quest. The quest also gives you a new Unique weapon!

All items will remain in the game after the event is over, and you'll always be able to spawn them in using admin commands! The vendor and the masked NPCs will be removed from the Embassy, but all content can still be spawned in.

Stafath and Yanazake like this.
  9. Stafath

Started playing again yesterday, apart from me making an upgraded version of my custom Avikan scavenger armor set I did for my Avikan character. I'm still pondering where to build a small base of operations while going from world to world and then scout around on my Avikan-Akki Drehk. While at it, I saw a friendly Avikan ship on my sensors (must be some more colonists looking to make arid planets habitable, I guess), when I arrived to the neighboring ship I saw the distinct shape of an Avikan ship that has a hangar in the background.

After boarding it with my mech the Avikan crew were happy to have an Avikan visitor despite the visitor and her mech looking like they just came out of a battle and then some. The whole visit, trading with a trader onboard, talking/getting their monologues/dialogs felt fresh and new. Being/role-playing an Avikan, meeting another Avikans, being perceived as an alien by other species. This is the kind of escapism I need.

As I'm writing this, I realize that I'm basically living the dream of soaring through the atmospheres of other planets with a modified Drehk here. Still plain awesome!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Aegonian likes this.
  10. DinoExplorer2000

can you upload the modified drekh to the steam workshop? I want to fly on a avikan-ized drekh too

11. Stafath

Actually it's an Akkimari-ized Drehk by an Avikan, basically a version of Drehk with a brown coat of paint and an extra pair of vents for all the reverse-engineered Akkimari plasma tech along with being slightly more faster and durable. Combat-wise it is quite deadly due to the cannon being built from tougher materials and modified to shoot Akkimari plasma projectiles at a faster pace, which is the main reason for the third pair of vents. I guess I could share it at this point, though I must warn that this thing has not been balanced much and is my personal prototype/WIP Drehk project even in the game.
    So, here ya go (edit: fixed version): [​IMG] https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9nazr4zty2ongy/akkidrehk_2c.rar?dl=0
    Download option appears/is at the top-right corner (ignore making an account if asked, you don't need an account to download, IIRC). Just drop the folder in your mods folder from the zip file, you'll have to use console commands to spawn in its vehicle controller which is ' avikanakkimaridrehkcontroller '.

I don't bother much with Steam these days, it's just easier for my sanity to ignore Steam and play the game without it since it launches just fine even without it.

As for the other custom gear and the custom strafer gun I have, those I'm not ready to share yet plus it'll take a while for me to nerf them all and besides, the upgraded version I did of my custom scavenger armor set, well it belongs to my Avikan character and is along the lines of why Esther's wheelchair is part of Esther.

EDIT: ARGH! Seems I forgot the particle folder from my akki-drehk, ought to work now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

13. DinoExplorer2000

yay Placid (plasm-acid) drekh!

make Remote controlled drones dyeable plz!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
    Stafath likes this.
  14. Stafath

It sure be nice to be able to dye all vehicles but the thing is they don't have the customization access like the mech has. The main reason I even bothered making a few Akkimari-colored stuff along with that customized Drehk was for my Avikan character's purposes and story.

My level of modding doesn't go very far. Aegonian is the one that has gone to great lengths to make the mod and its content work. When I mod, I merely observe existing stuff and see what I can work with. I'm pretty much a salvager/scavenger myself when it comes to modding.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  15. DinoExplorer2000

yea i should probably had mentioned that i meant for aegonian to make the drones dyable. i understand how hard modding is, i made a mod, but i cant make it work, and i dont know why it doesnt. and i dont have much experience With coding either...

16. Stafath

Wow, didn't realize until recently how much better this non-default ship background decoration looks for this ship class. Obviously it needs some more polishing but I'm already liking the basic look of it. Observation of the average Avikan ship and station interiors has payed off.
    [​IMG]
    And yeah, that helmet my character is wearing there is a result of me mixing Open Helmet together with one of the bone helmets.

If one day you really feel the need to mod it might help you accomplish something. It's something that worked for me, the key is to have just enough willpower, focus and some patience to put up with trial-and-error to figure out why it failed to make it succeed.

Yanazake and Aegonian like this.
  17. DinoExplorer2000

also you have to be able to read long lines of codes without getting a headache

18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Just got back into playing again and updated everything to latest. Seems like I'm struggling with this thing too, just crashes when trying to talk to the sail that is provided when the default ship option is chosen(the one that just gives you the normal ship and sail instead of allowing you to build your own). At least I can interact with sail if I put down the one that pops into your inventory, the one that would be on the wall if you chose to build your own ship.

What would I not be able to do in the mod until this issue is fixed somewhere down the road? If a fix isn't probable anytime soon, what can I do to circumvent this issue?

19. Stafath

I have pretty much went over the whole thing one room at a time and finally decorated a final tier ship in this game as much as I could so each part of the ship would feel like its meant to be there. Also I found the Avikan Hull Panel block a more fitting frame of sorts for an Avikan ship interior.

As you can see in the picture, this is my first time actually making full use of the base protection feature. Really liking the that Avikan password keypad here as it provides the main access now to the room with console that can toggle the shield generators on/off. It sure feel cozy now in this large ship.

[​IMG]
    I did some extra modding yesterday (made most of my added Akkimari-colored stuff more Centensian themed along with recoloring them to white naturally) which explains that Centensian colored Drehk which I outfitted with a Centensian Jumpgun, need to figure out how to get a bigger muzzle flash to work for this second custom version of a Drehk I have since the jumpweapon tech has quite large blasts of muzzle flash.

Aye, this be true. Even more so in my case so as I've said, I tend to tackle issues one at a time.

edit: I got the muzzle flash sorted out! Finally got my Centlar Drehk to fire the large jumpweapon muzzle as it should like from every other Ce'Tennan jumpgun.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Gearzoid II and Aegonian like this.
  20. Prostoy

Prostoy Void-Bound Voyager

Dear fashion developer, I have a small request, I like your mod very much, but my knowledge of English is small, I live in Ukraine and I am accustomed to Russian, you could not mod at least partially translated into Russian, just even when I was typing I used Google translator. Thank you for listening)