1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

It's spawned via admin commands; /spawnitem thea-dockingfieldsmall

2. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

can you post more of the Things you build? plz its so cool to look at what is possible to build in this game

3. beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

The codex tab ends up looking glitchy when I have this mod installed, is there anything I'm missing?

4. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Was the ability to craft purple tent pieces removed? I can find them in any of the crafting stations anymore...

5. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I assume you are using Extended GUI? It causes issues with ERM's codex changes. Installing Many Tabs should resolve most issues, though there might still be a few issues left even with it installed - I'm currently investigating possible fixes.

Purple/Rhaiod tent pieces can still be crafted, but they must be crafted at the Leatherworking Station, the upgraded version of the Tanning Rack.

6. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Im in the middle of building a Rhaiod tent on the Avikan portion of my base, as well as fleshing out the Docking Bay on the elevator.
    20180721230521_1.jpg 20180721230510_1.jpg 20180721230537_1.jpg 20180721230625_1.jpg 20180721230748_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Stafath likes this.
  7. DinoExplorer2000

this looks great! keep going! maybe you can try to make a avikan ship that is "docked" next to one of the platforms on the elevator

8. Runatyr

Runatyr Big Damn Hero

I love the mod and it's running smoothly.

I started a new game to run the mod with, and found that I had trouble finding scorched cores. After hours of play looking for cores, I found only one planet with smoglin and nothing else with cores. The avikan were on every single savannah and desert, which is fine for immersion, but that also meant kelbets were everywhere... are they supplanting some of the creatures that would have showed up with scorched cores? If so, can you have them drop them? (Or maybe a fire kelbet variant?) Thanks for the consideration. Great mod.

9. DinoExplorer2000

you know you can get cores for the lava ball monsters that lives in most planets cores?

10. Runatyr

Runatyr Big Damn Hero

I could also farm fire fluffalo, sure, but the cores are already notoriously difficult to gather. I would think that a mod making them even more difficult would still not be preferable.

11. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey @Aegonian I was wondering if you could have a talk with my crew. I've told them a thousand times that the adorable little Kelbet are a protected species, but they just won't stop SHOOTING THEM! I'm concerned the Embassy may revoke my ambassaborship for poaching if this keeps up.

TRANSLATION - I think the fact that they flee from you is somehow flagging them to the AI crew as a hostile mob, any idea if this is fixable? Also, it would be nice if one of the shops at the embassy would sell Aegi crop seeds, so you don't have to scour loads of planets to get a nice farm going.

12. Aegonian

The Kelbet doesn't override any other spawns, but is rather added through a separate spawn profile. It should spawn in addition to any vanilla spawns. There are a few other monsters which do get added to the vanilla spawn pools, but they always have the same spawn chance as vanilla monsters, so they don't drastically reduce spawn rates for vanilla monsters.

What planets were you exploring when you were looking for scorched cores? Kelbet only spawn on lush and forest planets, and you'll find barely any monsters there that drop scorched cores.

With the current set-up for the Kelbet behaviour, they have to be marked as "aggressive" for them to flee from the player. If they aren't aggressive, they won't target the player and thus won't run away from you. The unfortunate side-effect to this is that NPCs consider them an enemy, and will automatically open fire. I'm not sure if there's a good way of fixing it: it may be possible, but it'll require custom behaviour scripts as I don't think any vanilla scripts allow monsters to target the player without being marked as aggressive. I'll do some more research into it!

As for the seed shop, I'll add that to the TO-DO list, too.

13. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

So, I finally built a structure on the ground for my elevator to connect to! Its not completely finished, I still need to put in the fine details and all that, but otherwise the structure is mostly complete, other than a dining area I want to build off of the left side. 20180727005101_1.jpg I was going to put in some tenants, but I realized that due to the way my elevator detects if I've reached a stop (the motion sensors) that they could trip them from the bottom while I'm traveling through, turning off the gravity field and possibly killing me. So, no tenants until I figure how I want to keep them away from the elevator base.

Also, I (terribly) stitched together a screen cap of the entire thing from top to bottom, if anyone wanted that.
    stitched elevator.jpg

Stafath and Aegonian like this.
  14. DinoExplorer2000

15. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Aegonian A quick request, could you add a recipe for the borderless glass blocks? I'm trying to build with the slanted glass roof pieces, and they just don't look right with the regular bordered glass.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  16. Aegonian

Added it to the TO-DO list!

17. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, hi! I one of the current maintainers of the Peglaci Race mod, and I did something that I think you could use. I were doing some tile refinement, when I remembered a tile in your mod (avikan ship wall) that used the Pipe template to make a wall wit a border.

I tought that one specific tile could use this template, but soon I discovered that the borders of the pipe template only work when doing a rectangle. So, I decided to edit the template and make it an actual option for walls. I even use the blank space on the template to add random symbols to the tiles.

So, going to the point, I didn't uploaded the file to github yet, but if you are interested, I can give you a copy.

Here it is an example how my tile wit my material template looks next to the Avikan Ship Wall
    [​IMG]

And this is how it looks with my template on the Avikan Ship Walls (and a minor sprite edit)
    [​IMG]

This is the new sprite of the tile (just to you you the minor edit)
    [​IMG]

As you see, it isn't a perfect fix for your wall (for that, the border should be of, at maximun, 4 pixels), but in most cases looks better, behaves in a more predictable way, and it can be used to make non rectangular walls.

So... well, if you are interested, just PM me and I will send you the material template. You can rename it however you want.

Aegonian and endertrot like this.
  18. verilligo

verilligo Tentacle Wrangler

Hate to add anything to the to-do list, but there was a minor update recently to FU's BYOS mode that seems to have broken the Aegi (and likely Trink) mission that leads to gaining the Ambassador Pass. Specifically, FU's BYOS now causes you to complete a different quest than you would with a default ship in order to repair your FTL. Since you aren't completing the typical quest, there's no follow-up quest to take from your SAIL to report to the front desk of the Embassy. I'm not sure if you can just add the new quest to also trigger the follow-up (meaning two quests could lead to it because the default one is still in with the default ship option) or if you would need to shift the follow-up to an earlier quest.

19. Aegonian

Had a few people report this on the workshop too. With custom scripts, it may be possible to add optional prerequisites to quests, but it's not a behaviour that's built into the vanilla quest system. And I'm not yet 100% sure whether or not such a fix is possible without dependencies on Frackin' Universe, so a separate patch may be necessary.

I think it;d be best for Frackin' Universe to fix this, though: it seems that FU's BYOS mode prevents a vanilla quest from being activated, which is very bad for compatibility. Any other mod that adds quests which are dependant on that vanilla quest will break, too, and it'd be easier for FU to fix it rather than for every other mod to create a patch for it. If need be, I can always try to make such a patch, but that wouldn't be the best-case scenario.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I noticed what seems to be a missing frame in the Nomad's Backpack swimming animation. It's the very first frame in the animation, if I am correct.

Also, to start the Ambassador pass quest with FU BYOS, just type /startquest '"alliancestory-passpickup"'.