Elevators

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by St Fonz, Jun 18, 2012.

1. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

Aesthetically I would chose elevators over ladders. I think ladders would be superior in smaller constructs, but for bigger buildings like skyscrapers, elevators would be the way to go.

I imagine you would be able to call an elevator from each door/ floor, though I didn't mention in the original post.

Personally I don't think everything in Starbound needs to have a practical use. People (such as myself) love variety, anything that makes your creation unique is a good thing.

fkjac, XRiZUX, fspc and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr. Mistah

Mr. Mistah Phantasmal Quasar

What if he has high speed? If you use Player2k's idea it would work well, even if the player was running so fast.

3. Mr. Mistah

Technically it did, they really had wooden platforms.

XRiZUX, St Fonz and Kenichi like this.
  4. Kenichi

Kenichi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, yeah.

Forgot about those, i knew there was something ladder-like, but wasn't quite a ladder, haha.

5. St Fonz

Well if that was suppose to be a ladder system, I hope Starbound has a much deeper one :)

At least some sort of climbing animation.

6. Coolitic

Coolitic Big Damn Hero

simple version,,,,, moving platfrom (preferably encaged) that goes up and down,,,, u cannot call it to ur level if it is currently in use unless its headed ur way,,,, lik a normal elevator

7. St Fonz

I have updated my original post. Escalators!

8. ZTS

ZTS Void-Bound Voyager

Put 2 elevators next to eachother... like most public places do.

XRiZUX likes this.
  9. St Fonz

Good thinking. I'm not sure if anyone has played 'Simtower', but I imagine it would work similar to that. Of course with better graphics and ability to enter them heh.

Only youtube movie I could find :p, its not the most well-known game after all...

10. ZTS

ZTS Void-Bound Voyager

I've actually played that, and yea that was kinda my point. You could upgrade them with pixels (faster).

11. Modest

Modest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Elevators! I am surprised that no one suggested it aleready :) An I am thinking how it happend that I did not thought about this also... Well, nevermind - I am 100% supporting this idea. Elevators are "must be" for me! ;) Escalators... Those would be very nice. Not as important for me as elevators, but still great :)

12. kidnamerock

kidnamerock Big Damn Hero

elevators the mysteries

13. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

id rather have something like redstone (minecraft) and have to use my intelligence to build one rather than have a ready to place item

Mr. Mistah likes this.
  14. Mr. Mistah

YES! I would love it when things require to take some time to build so it can be more realistic and would take longer for you to get something you want, that way you will feel more entertained when finished, its hard to explain that :/.

15. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

....like lego

16. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Elevators need to be upgradeable somehow I think. In multiplayer servers with +20 people it can be a pain in the ass to have a slow, clumsy elevator that only goes into one direction at a time.

17. Mr. Mistah

YES LIKE LEGO. :D

creepwolf likes this.
  18. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

i wrote something suggesting this some hours ago on the general discussing thread lol, shame on me for not checking here first.

i totally support this for many reason and beyond. to take terraria for example, it would have made moving throught my huge compounds and skyscrapers much easier

19. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why is this excellent, Excellent Idea not seen more?

20. St Fonz

Could you please rephrase I'm not entirely sure what you mean :(

BrutorDragon likes this.