Modding Help Editing maps on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Midnyght, Oct 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Midnyght

Midnyght Orbital Explorer

Hey everyone, first time poster *waves*. I am pretty sure that I have determined it isn't currently possible to edit the maps on Mac since there isn't a program to open the .tbin files, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something in my mad interwebz searching. I have Tiled, Wine, etc installed, have the .tbin file unpacked and can only find tIDE being a Windows-only software to open .tbin. Is there really no other way?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Midnyght. Tiled should be able to open Stardew Valley map files directly, without needing tIDE. Make sure you have the latest "snapshot" version, and enable the optional plugin. See creating an XNB mod for more info; it covers Mac too.

• Midnyght

Thanks @Pathoschild for responding! I had read about the snapshot and plugin but couldn't figure out how to make sure I had the correct snapshot and plugin. I clicked the link from the tutorial, then click to go to the 'pay what you want' page and downloaded that, is there somewhere else I need to download to get the snapshot?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Try this:
          1. Go to the download page.
          2. Scroll down to to the "Auto-Updating Development Snapshots" section, and click "Snapshots for OS X".
          3. Install the latest version.
          4. Open Tiled and go to Edit > Preferences > Plugins and enable the one with "tbin" in the name.
          I don't have a Mac so I can't test myself, but I think that should do it (assuming the tbin plugin is available on Mac).

• Midnyght