1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by 777eza, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crognias the Avenger

Crognias the Avenger Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about an NPC who spouts lines like: "SG-1 this is Hammond!", "Chevron 7 Locked, "Dial the Gate", "Cree Jafa!", "I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet", "We've got Al'kesh incoming" and "Indeed".
    Other Easter eggs would be a Zat'ni'katel, a DHD and Stargate in the background, and a pet Replicator. not one of those wimpy Star Terk replicators, I'm talking about the metal bugs of death from Star Gate.

Woodbin likes this.
  2. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Let me guess, Stargate fan?

3. Crognias the Avenger

Indeed

4. DeVoid

DeVoid Void-Bound Voyager

There could be a decrepit space station on the edge of the galaxy, being hard to find; and when you land on it, you find out the residents all went insane from genetic enhancements (see where I'm going here?). Maybe at the end of a (very difficult) Bioshock-inspired sub-quest line to bring order to the space station you could get some neat enhancements and unique weapons and armor as a reward.

Or maybe just a crazy pianist named Cohen on some station that one could interact with. He could have a collection of dead people's pictures and such?

5. Stompopolos

Stompopolos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Raccoon planet. The ground is made out of fur and it's entirely covered with raccoons. The leaves on the trees are raccoon faces, the background is a giant raccoon.

Raaaccooooooooooooooooooooooooons.

Woodbin likes this.
  6. WhatTheHax98

WhatTheHax98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The marker from Dead Space! That or a plasma cutter :V

7. Woodbin

Woodbin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"When this UFO hits eighty-eight miles per hour, you'll see some serious s**t."

8. MagikPigon

MagikPigon Subatomic Cosmonaut

What about an old, dusty storeroom hidden in your space station covered in spider webs that has cool stuff like a flux capacitor, broken R2-D2 and a TARDIS half covered with a tarp.

DeVoid and Woodbin like this.
  9. Woodbin

Woodbin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not only flux capacitator, if the storeroom would be large enough, there could be Delorean like in BTTF3 when it was hidden in the old mine, as dirty and non-operational like in the movie.

Imagine bonus quest when you take the car to use it as a vehicle but travel back in time unintentionally and then search for fuel.

10. jamesw40k

jamesw40k Aquatic Astronaut

There should also be a tea towel that can be used as a weapon. Also there should be a planet with shovel type enemies that pop out the ground and hit you.

killemded likes this.
  11. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

Post this in the suggestion forums. But, easter eggs would be hard to find, considering the current lightning system SB has :p.

12. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

yes and there could be a Raccoon City and we all know what happens at raccoon city.

13. Stompopolos

Stompopolos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

All the raccoons live in peace and harmony and there's totally no horrid creatures feasting on those unfortunate enough to live?

14. Crognias the Avenger

And the Boss? Some guy named Ryan.

DeVoid likes this.
  15. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Zero's armor, just because it looks pretty awesome. (Code Geass used it terribly, though...)

16. KidDiz

KidDiz Void-Bound Voyager

Randomly, when telling someone to "GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY PIXELS" (I.E., you are stealing from them), they will reply "Nyan. You can steal from my cat though."

17. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

That is too obvious. And references one of the most horrible things ever made on the internet.

18. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Nope.avi. One of the most horrible things ever made on the internet would be the Justin Bieber hype.

MagikPigon likes this.
  19. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

i saw that there's windows on the space station, so how about, from time to time, you can see the "spaaaaaaaaace" sphere from portal 2 streak by in the background :p

Noc likes this.
  20. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

1. (My fav) Nyan Cat flyies by on of the windows on the space station!
    2. A hidden painting of a creeper in the space station. :ssssssssss:
    3. A bunny from Terarria with a space suit.
    4. A cake that is lying on the ground. And when you come up to it, it disappers and the only thing that is left is a sign, wich says "It was a lie".
    5. A trollface that flies by.
    6. An asteroid that flies by the window of the space station and on it, it's sign that says "Tiy is best" or something.
    7. Dovakiin. (or whatever he is called) When you find him on a planet, he likes, FUS RO DAH!!! :fusrodah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.