1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

TooManySecrets and MySocratesNote do not work.
    I'm disappoint.

Neither things like:
    - John Smith or Mr Smith
    - Doctor, Master or Gallifrei
    - Exterminate or Explain
    - Tardis or T.A.R.D.I.S.
    - It's bigger on the inside
    - Foo
    - Engage
    - Make it so
    - Sun Wukong and any of they variants of the Moneky King's name, including the chinese 孙悟空.

2. Shanjaisolen

Shanjaisolen Pangalactic Porcupine

Anyone tried WhosYourDaddy, ThereIsNoSpoon, TheDudeAbides, ISeeDeadPeople, GreedIsGood or even Quetazlcoatl? :rofl:

3. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I know someone tried Quetzlcoatle, but I dont know about any of the others.
    Just assume no and try them yourself.

Leokins likes this.
  4. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

I tried TheApexOfAllLife.

5. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

I tried TheApexOfAllLife. No dice.

6. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

That made me laugh so fuckin' hard.

Atomsk Shade likes this.
  7. magicguy38

magicguy38 Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...............This is getting us nowhere,but it was funny reading whole thread;).I guess i don't have a single clue either:).welp i`m guess i`ll go to bed now:zzz:

8. Acherus29A

Acherus29A Void-Bound Voyager

I might be on to something, here's a hint: by just randomly checking names, you've got a very low chance of getting something. Let's say ... in the ballpark of 6/4,294,967,295.

9. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah.. Again, you guys are heading in the wrong direction. Tiy said guessing was not what you're supposed to do, yet that's all I see. I think the IFoundAGlitch was obvious because it was on a picture.

How many of you found other Character Name Easter Eggs? None, because there probably aren't any more. :facepalm:

10. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

15:33:44 <@Tiy> there are actually 6 easter eggs

11. Leokins

Re-read what I said.

12. Stargazer

I assume he would be correct.

Xetor, Kitty Box and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Leokins

Wouldn't he have found the trigger word though? Not sure how that works.

I did say probably up above. :laugh:

Also:

So who knows. I just want to play Starbound.

14. Stargazer

Don't we all?

15. Acherus29A

Acherus29A Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I took a peek at the code as well. The only obvious trigger is when you type a new name in. Long story short, the name strings it is checking against will not be anywhere in the client side code. However, I'm confident that all 6 easter eggs are triggered by the name field.

Soup likes this.
  16. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

Well, it's hard to imagine where else the easter eggs would be located though. Some sort of clothing combination? I've already tried to make the same character that Tiy was using in a couple of his streams (the green-haired humans in the suit), but that came up empty.

As far as I can tell, the easter eggs are hidden as special names, or as specific combinations of race/clothes/colors.

EDIT: And then there's the smart people above me who have already said that the name is the only thing that counts. So ignore me. :p

17. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I don't know,I'm pretty sure the apex must be a reference,I tried with "DocBrown" and such but I don't know the quotes in original language.Any ideas?
    Wow.One of the few posts on the internet that actually made me laugh.

Atomsk Shade likes this.
  18. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Rather we aren't understanding Tiy's logic behind his clue (rather we simply don't see them as clues) or we may as well learn how to use a spectogram to get the words.

19. blargyblargy

blargyblargy Starship Captain

I love this speculating. It's great seeing what everyone has to offer about it. But, I think we can agree on that the clues are either REALLY well hidden, not released, or we're all blind. The only thing we can do now is wildly guess at everything until we become gods and understand it.

20. Hoddmimir

Hoddmimir Cosmic Narwhal

Obviously we have already established that guessing the names we need is not going to work. We know that. However, plenty of people are not simply guessing now. They are using pictures and posts to come up with ideas of what the easter eggs could be and then making educated guesses with that. The odds are slightly less impossible that way so stop giving them a hard time. If a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters can eventually type an amazing book, then a hundred starbound fans guessing wildly even may eventually get us results.

Damiann47 and Atomsk Shade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.