1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todayisok

todayisok Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm ok with puzzle games when they are actually possible to solve, even if I'm quite slow and need help solving them. These easter eggs seems quite impossible to me - and to other people in this thread - and not fun.
    Maybe giving better hints other than "keep you eyes peeled" and "there are clues knocking about" (we don't even know if there are actual hints in these very sentences) could improve the situation.

The Corrupted [ITA] likes this.
  2. Spoddy

Spoddy Subatomic Cosmonaut

How many easter eggs have been found so far?

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Void-Bound Voyager

Just the one, IFoundAGlitch

4. Spoddy

Spoddy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh.

5. Zosimus

Zosimus Phantasmal Quasar

Weird how no one mentioned "origin" or "lore" in this thread. Maybe the easter eggs has something to do with those and their respective pictures?

Edit: Also, other than the Humans, I presume the easter eggs are most likely to be puns

6. .:FancyPants:.

.:FancyPants:. Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I suppose my love for tough puzzles comes in the relief of solving them, though the process is occasionally fun as well.
    It's the most fun when it's a long puzzle, when you're working with a lot of other people, and when you have a lead as to where to go.

7. Hoddmimir

Hoddmimir Cosmic Narwhal

If clues are "knocking about" perhaps we need to consider doors or something? The starbound website has a door so I explored it a bit more. I'm not sure I found anything unless it relates to one of the paintings with the dev bios. Otherwise, I do think there are at least one or two more clues already out there with probably the rest yet to come. The comments made make it seem quite likely that IFoundAGlitch is not the only one that we should be able to figure out so far.

sρooκs likes this.
  8. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I don't know about anyone else, but I spent quite a while looking for a clue and somehow it occupied my dreams this morning.

My urge to wake up this morning was because my dream was telling me to typing in "IMoose" into the name, and that it would unlock masks for everyone, and I'd be an amazing hero! :D
    Not that it makes any sense, of course.

Unfortunately it did nothing, and it got me up at 4AM. :rolleyes:

Xetor, Breather, Kitty Box and 6 others like this.
  9. You too, huh?
    I had a dream the main forum title was a bunch of random colored blocks, (Like the alphabet ones)
    And that if I matched the COLORED ones, I would get the word!
    This made sense, becuase the orange ones spelled the word " ‘Sup ", and EVERYONE knows " ‘Sup Glitch "

Thankfully, by the time I woke up, I realized that it was a stupid idea and didn't even bother to check.

Aviakio likes this.
  10. todayisok

Yeah I thought about doors and the Chucklefish site too. I also thought "eyes peeled" could refer to the fact that Hylotl eyes are black instead of red in the chargen, but that's probably just a resurfacing glitch (glitch as in bug, not robot :lolwut: )

11. The Great Beezle

The Great Beezle Industrial Terraformer

I can't use the creator myself but a possible phrase has just occured to me.

:iswydt:

Im cringing just typing it up, im not sure whether its been used before but i know if i was responsible for putting the easter eggs in there, its one id certainly do.

12. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Coulda sworn 'BUTTS' or 'STEAK' would be one because of fetal's and ghostar's avatars... it would have been clever.

13. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

14. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Perhaps by saying peeled Tiy hinted that there is an Apex easter egg that we can find? Maybe by saying 'knocking around' further affirms such idea?

15. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

I would do this but I suck at it soooo much, so I'll just stay on the side lines and watch our progress.

16. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Maybe the "hints" for the rest haven't been shown yet, and they will be hidden in the future blogposts.

17. todayisok

I thought about this too. But then I thought they would have warned us, if this was the case o_O

18. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Tiy did say there was some hints knocking about and for us to have our eyes peeled. Still, I wait to see what develops.

19. todayisok

Just a little clarification: it was Tramsan that said to "keep your eyes peeled". :)

20. You should close Paint next time. :)

Xetor, FireBird, Kitty Box and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.