Easter Egg Planet

Discussion in 'Other' started by ToTeMVG, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ToTeMVG

ToTeMVG King Homestuck II

it's just a simple suggestion that you could go On the Planet Terraria and it would be the only planet where there is no Random Generation or atleast what kind of stuff is on it and there would be one person there and that would be the guide, i know i'd love to see something like that and just Squeel (the sound that pig make in distress)
    but seriously i'd love to just look through the solar systems and all of the suddenly see a planet named Terraria and find a 3x2 block Guy named "Guide"

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

Starbound is not Terraria 2

Jonesy and Facethelight like this.
  4. ToTeMVG

i know that that is why it would be a Easter egg as Tiy was the Pixel artist for Terraria

5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Careful with the references, people blow the fuck up if you even mention the idea.

Jonesy, WoxandWarf and Fantabulor like this.
  6. ToTeMVG

wait what?

7. Clockwork

We consider references a lazy way to increase the quality and content of a game.

Jonesy likes this.
  8. ToTeMVG

this has nothing to with quality it just a fun little thing that you would enjoy seeing

9. Kohl124

Kohl124 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would rather play the game that people want referenced in future games than play the game that does the referencing. Obviously most if not all games make references, and the appropriate amount of referencing is usually subjective. Personally speaking I would probably only go to a "Reference X Planet" once just to see what was there and then never ever return.

So it's really not worth it to me.

Clockwork likes this.
  10. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Make a giant penis made of sand.

11. Facethelight

Facethelight Existential Complex

The Idea of a terraria easter egg is possibly the MOST HATED suggestion of them all on the suggestion forums, even more than "release the beta" threads.
    And honestly, Terraria has become trash, with a bad reputation, and honestly when thinking back on it, could have had alot more things added or tweaked to improve it.
    I've clocked in my few hundred hours, but that makes me just realize, it's not that great of a game. And Starbound is definitely not a spiritual successor or anything in the sense related to such, and would be more of an insult than anything.
    Not only would this drag down the games rating by just adding references as "content", but referencing such a game that has such a bad reputation with the community would be even worse.
    Verdict: could you not tell? No
    [​IMG]

12. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I don't even... why you give me these images...

13. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Keep in mind that even though Tiy was the pixel artist for Terraria, that does not give him any ownership of the game's IP. Terraria belongs to the company Re-Logic (Which is owned by Redigit), and Tiy was a member of Re-Logic when he worked on Terraria. He left Re-Logic and founded Chucklefish when he started development on Starbound. So, Chucklefish has nothing to do with Terraria. Therefore, including a Terraria world in Starbound would probably be blatant copyright infringement.

14. ToTeMVG

hmm didn't really think of that
    also there seems to be a lot of hate towards Terraria

15. Clockwork

It's not hate.

It's just we've heard like a billion people think about Starbound as if it's a sequel to terraria. And that gets annoying.

16. ToTeMVG

if they think that tell them they are mentally challenged and should go fuck themselves but still buy this godly game

Facethelight and Clockwork like this.
  17. Facethelight

Facethelight Existential Complex

[​IMG]

WoxandWarf and Clockwork like this.
  18. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Yes it did, calm down folks. It's just a suggestion.

Albeit a suggestion that's not going to happen.

Facethelight likes this.
  19. Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've only really been paying attention to the forums for a week or so, and the volume of 'hey Starbound should have a reference to [franchise I love here]!' suggestions has already gotten old for me. I would suggest (hah) that they put a note in the rules to Not Do That but people already don't search to see whether space station dungeon crawls, black holes and space combat have already been suggested before, so they're probably not going to follow that one anyway.

Kohl124 and Clockwork like this.
  20. Clockwork

We need to make a suggestions code of conduct, and we need to update blue's thread of already suggested ideas.