RELEASED Dwarf/krobus Marriage Mod

Discussion in 'Characters' started by CanCan49666, Jun 23, 2016.

?

Should I get into API modding?

1. YAS!

87.9%
  2. No...

3.7%
  3. Maybe so..

8.4%
  1. CanCan49666

CanCan49666 Void-Bound Voyager

Edit: This mod is now updated to work with 1.1!

Hello guys, this is my first mod, and it is a Krobus and Dwarf marriage mod, If y'all would like, I may get into API modding and make some events and animations!

Errors:
    They have no kissing animation, causing a translucent line to go across your screen when kissing them, I may fix this in the future

krobus is kinda bugged, when he is walking, you may notice his sprite glitches, I cannot find the reason behind this, but if I do, I will try to fix it.

Goofs:
    If you try to give krobus a mermaid's pendant, He will say you already gave someone else one, but the wedding will occur the next day, I have NOT tesested this with dwarf yet.

Other things you should be aware of:
    I made dwarf female in this mod, although I did not modify any dialogue.
    You MAY use this mod in a let's play, although you MUST give me credit by putting the link to this mod in the description.

Link to the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rblpay7oddye9ni/AAAU-ap7VMq24Dj5yxhvf-NQa?dl=0

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    • FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

This is exciting!
      As somebody who REALLY likes Krobus, especially even more than most other characters (outside of Sam, maybe; whom I have already married in another file). Need to try this sometime soon.
      Maybe somebody can help you fix the walking glitches? I've looked through all the mod threads (Yes, all 75 pages ^^°) and saw some extremely talented individuals. <3

farmvillesux likes this.
      • 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

i'm probably the only one who'd potentially wanna marry dwarf lmao.. but this is exciting.

buffyjanee likes this.
        • 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

dwarf says the same thing as krobus when you try to give them the mermaid pendant, and the same results happen. dwarf was also two lines in the marriage scene, but i'm just happy to marry the cutie in the first place. :V

• CanCan49666

That's Great! I'm Happy to know you enjoy my mod! ^^

0boko likes this.
            • xdottx

xdottx Void-Bound Voyager

I L O V E KROBUS! Oh my gosh I'm so excited!

dollbae likes this.
              • zyymurgy

zyymurgy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you compared notes with the illustrious Siv of Siv's Marriage Mod? I believe they said it was hard to make Krobus a marriageable villager because he has weird coding; I think they would be VERY interested to know how you made this work! :3

• CanCan49666

Well, I'm sorry I've been so inactive, but before I do so, i'll check to see if anything needs to be changed in the mod.

0boko and zyymurgy like this.
                  • mushroomite

mushroomite Seal Broken

Hey!!! I love this mod so far, it's really fun :)

I was just wondering if you'd ever consider also doing this for the henchman/goblin. I'm not sure how weird the coding would be, but I think it'd be pretty amusing. Just throwing that out there, love everything so far :nuruflirt:

Yaushibee likes this.
                    • CanCan49666

I could try, but I've been very busy with school.:laugh:

• turtlesalltheway

turtlesalltheway Scruffy Nerf-Herder

having some issues with this mod, i was able to give the flowers to dwarf just fine, but when i tried the pendant later, the game CTD's every time, I don't have anything that changes NPCDispostions.xnb either, would you like an error log for this?

• CanCan49666

Yeah, an error log would be great! I'll find that bug as soon as possible.

• turtlesalltheway

Thanks for the quick reply! Here is what the log gave me, not sure what the cause is really :/

Message: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                            InnerException:
                            Stack Trace: at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                            at StardewValley.NPC.tryToReceiveActiveObject(Farmer who)
                            at StardewValley.NPC.checkAction(Farmer who, GameLocation l)
                            at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                            at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

EDIT: after checking it out some more, I think the crash occurs when dwarf tries to say the line, that might explain the missing key.
                            I'll also try doing a bit of work on it to see if I can help fix the issue

EDIT 2: I made a fix because the CTD was caused by EngagementDialogue.xnb not having a file for dwarf, I took Abigail's and made it for dwarf and that fixed it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
                            • Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to give a heads up. It was suggested to DangerouslyFunny that he marry the Dwarf in a future video. His response to said suggestion was, "I will try," seen in the comments of this video. So there's a good chance this mod might be getting publicity sometime soon!

• turtlesalltheway

The mod needs a fix in order to work properly right now I'm pretty sure, it is a pretty simple one though, but the author hasn't been online to update the mod.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Hmm, has anyone tested it to see if it still works? It seems that most of the mods affected were SMAPI mods, and this isn't a SMAPI mod. I would test it myself, but I'm not a particularly experienced with modding. I'm a bit afraid of the possibility of breaking my game! If it really is broken, I really hope we can get into contact with the author. But it would seem that she hasn't been online since January.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
                                  • turtlesalltheway

I made a fix of sorts when I wanted to get it working, basically EngagementDialogue.xnb doesn't have a specific line for dwarf. When you try giving dwarf the mermaid pendant, the game will crash since there is no line there (at least in my experience). All I did was add a line for dwarf that I copied from another npc and renamed it and it worked fine. Some extra things could be made to make it better, pm me if you want the specific steps for fixing the mod though

• samuelroy21

samuelroy21 Master Chief

I think I may try to add some more proper content for Dorf and Krobus, and my first order of business will be to sort out marriages.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Unfortunately, I think it's just been pretty solidly confirmed that this mod was officially broken by the latest patch. DangerouslyFunny tried it out in his latest video. In summary, Krobus gives the usual response to proposal that the initial post warned us of. Formerly, you just had to go to sleep because Krobus would've still gone through with the wedding anyways, but now going to sleep after proposing to him causes the game to crash. I doubt even the engagement dialogue fix that used to work with the Dwarf would be helpful at all in this situation. I'm glad this was brought to light before I tried it and potentially broke my game!

So unless the creator of this mod comes back and updates it, which I don't see as being very likely since they haven't been online since January, we just have to hold out in hopes that maybe Dwarf and Krobus romance paths will be canon someday. I know I want it!

• KorvasTerindar

KorvasTerindar Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I love romancing unique and wondrous characters. A mysterious dwarf and shadow creature are definitely on that list.