RP Dungeons and penguins

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jake9039, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

@dieselriley @themushroomlord @BlazingPaladin @The Purple Dragon

The four adventurers find themselves strung up on a wall, wondering, how did they get here. well, this is how.

as soon as the town of Shadaan was destroyed by a small army of golems, everybody knew a bounty would be put on the head of the dark necromancer Nargoloth. shortly after, a bounty was put on his head. small parties of adventurers went out to go kill or capture him. our group here was one of them. they left on a journey from their hometown of Talonwood, a wealthy town of churches and monasteries. not long after they left, they were hit with a sleeping gas and found themselves here.

as the adventurers look around, they notice that the walls are made out of a strange metal, with blue, pulsing lighted lines on the floors and walls. there appear to be 2 penguins guarding them, with their weapons and gear lying in a pile in the middle of the floor. one of them has large blades on its fins, another one has a small crossbow. they appear to be looking through your gear, and trying to find anything more advanced than another crossbow.

adventurers:
    • Jakob Silverwind: blazing paladin
    • Veros Matial: dieselriley
    • Kerime: The purple dragon
    • Phann Nailo: ?The mushroom lord

2. dieselriley

dieselriley Void-Bound Voyager

I attempt to persuade them to release me "Oi, small white and black birds, can you help from here. I will show you where I hid my treasure, as I have an extra-dimensional space only I can open and it is hidden." I Rolled a 25 for Persuasion.

3. Jake9039

the penguin with the metal fin says"ay. yer' finally awake. good. look, bring us some duranium from your "pocket dimension" first, and we'll let you out. sounds like a deal?"

4. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

Jakob checks his bindings. If they are made out of rope or another material similar, he attemps to break them. Rolling a 7 for a strength check.

5. dieselriley

I say to the Penguin: "I cannot open the dimension if my hands are bound, chained, or otherwise constrained, but trust me, if you let me open the dimension it will be completely worth it." 21 for Persuasion (FYI I have a +6 to it)

6. BlazingPaladin

((*suppresses swear of unbelief*))

7. dieselriley

I rolled for stats, I have the best luck, which is countered by awful luck regarding unimportant things. 18 CHA, I rolled a 16, with 1 +2 'cuz I play Half-Elves every other character, and I am proficient in Intimidation, Deception, and Persuasion.

8. Jake9039

the penguins respond"haha, I knew it. either way, duranium doesn't even exist on this plane of existence."
    the penguin with the crossbow looks at Jakob"you there, stop struggling with the rope."

9. dieselriley

"I never mentioned any of this "duranium, but I do have treasure. By stating we don't have any of this duranium, I don't see how that nullifies the treasure I am offering for my freedom." 21 for Persuasion.

10. BlazingPaladin

Lloyd asks them to allow him to speak with their leader.

11. Jake9039

"there is absolutely no reason we want any of your 'treasure' until we get back to our reality. now stop trying to bargain your way out of this or we will kill you."
    "Oh, you'll meet him soon enough. who's ready to get tortured?"

12. BlazingPaladin

((Forgive me for saying this)) "Sh*t!"

13. dieselriley

"Do you know who Bhaal is?" I ask the two penguins

14. Jake9039

"Shut up, both of you!" The penguin slaps the both of you! He slaps both of you. Since you are both tied up(and I can see your ac) he deals 1d4 of damage to each of you.

2 damage to blazing paladin
    3 damage to dieselriley

15. BlazingPaladin

Lloyd grimaces, suppressing a reaction that would only get him into further trouble.

16. dieselriley

I look at them "Bhaal is god of the dead, he happens to be my master. RELEASE ME OR YOU WILL ALL DIE IN THE MOST PAINFULL WAY POSSIBLE." Intimation Nat 20 + 6 is 26

17. Jake9039

the penguins seem to think, do some flipper signals, then turn to you."we have discussed it, and agree, you need some rest. we can't be too sure no magic funny business is going on."
    (roll either a wisdom or constitution save. anything over a 15 I'll have to take a sceptisism)
    they turn to you"our boss will be seeing you now. so don't try anything funny"
    they untie you. do you attempt to free yourself, or go with them.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  18. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

"Excuse me my friends? Before you take him can you release me? One criminal to another, I vow to leave quietly and not tell anyone." Roll= 17 + persuásion = 18

19. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Phann looks at the pengines, then over to Kerime before looking back to the pengines, "Um, are you wizards or somthing?"

20. Jake9039

The penguin look at you, and say"we'll let you out when we have the info we need."
    The crossbow penguin answers this one "nope. Not at all."
    (Waiting for blazing paladi n to respond so I know if you guys get left unguarded)