Modding Help Dungeon issue, No log error but still doesn't appear

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SheepLord, May 29, 2014.

1. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

Hi Ive been working on my dungeon for ages now and barely any luck as it stands I have gotten it to form but when I try to add my own brushes for a background and walls it won't load, the log gives nothing away as to the issue it doesn't even mention it. I'll post the dungeon part I hope someone can take a look and tell me what’s wrong I used starstructure to build it

The brushes I seem to be having issue with are the last ones with Fleshblock, plantplatform and the slime wall one.

I could really use your help Ive been at this for way longer then I want to admit now and I'm at a total dead end

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, firstly:

#732efbff

That is not a valid color code. ALL color codes in hex value are 6 digits. 2 for red, 2 for green and 2 for blue. So what you probably want to do is fix that.

so rather than 732efbff, try 732efb.

That may magically fix the issue, as it seems that this color code is the thing causing your error.

Let me know if you still have no luck and we can troubleshoot from there.

3. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you sir i'll see what happens when I do that I wonder how that happened I let starstructor pick my colors for me

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Wish I could say. But that could be the issue on why it doesn't work. Starbound is trying to apply your color, and fails, and then decides "screw you hippy, not adding something that doesn't exist. I'll go ahead and crash instead!"

SheepLord likes this.
  5. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

hmm ok I might be confused, I searched my code for the bad hex code 732efbff but no results were found and it cant be in my image since it isn't a valid color right

now I know the game uses RGB alpha color space in its code but since 732efbff isn't a valid color do you have a suggestion on how to find the bad color
    also sorry for taking so long to check

lol and now it's saying

Error: Failed to process dungeon file /dungeons/izkucavevillage/izkucavevillage.dungeon : StarException: Exception StarException: Unknown dungeon color: #202020ff

which is also not in the file, I feel like it's just making up excuses now

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

#202020ff is again an invalid number. I have no idea what you are doing with your colors though.

send me the entire dungeon file. ill see what the fuck is going on :)

oh wait, you attached it above. nvermind. ill take a peek when i have a sec

7. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

Wow thank you sayter, I appreciate it.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hmmmm... yea... the RGB values don't LOOK wrong by any means. I didn't notice any higher than 255, and 0 is valid since it's black.

Wish I knew more about this. Sadly, I haven't toyed with dungeons enough to give a real answer beyond that. But the color codes appear valid.

Sounds to me like Starbound is just being an asshole. It does that to me sometimes too.

"oh, you want recipes to unlock when you pick that shit up? Fuck you. I'm going to do nothing at all, instead. HAHAHAHAHA"

me: wtf, starbound.

starbound: Yea, fuck you too!

9. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

lol damn well at least I don't feel so stupid but I really wonder what the problem could be

thanks for looking at it though

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no worries. I suggest some of the people who've done dungeon mods. Several of them around.

11. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

update: ok I fixed the bad color problem it seems a couple of my black pixels were a little less black lol, but now I get no log errors at all about my dungeon but yet it doesn't appear, my worldgen file is set to overwrite but all that appears is the glitch castle or human prison anyone have any ideas why that may be

this is the error free version of my still non working dungeon
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzng4sobqqlduox/Izkucavevillage.zip

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    capizma likes this.