Dumb Question: How do replace existing dialogue in a custom NPC with a new one?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Youpedia, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Youpedia

Youpedia Space Spelunker

Um hi, I've been trying for a while now to replace a custom NPC's dialogue that was originally written in Korean with a new one. I've already translated into English, I just need to put the translated dialogue into the file itself. But I'm completely new to coding and modding, I don't really know where to start. Even though there's lots of information in the internet on how to do it, it's completely overwhelming. Especially since I'm a mobile user. Please help.

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

Just replace/overwrite the "Dialogues.json" file inside the mod folder. (If the file does not have that name it is also usually named "{Npc}Dialogue.json, or similarly, where "{Npc} "is the name of the mod's character).

• Youpedia

Youpedia Space Spelunker

Thank you so much!! I thought no one would bother to help tbh. But thank you again!

• Youpedia

Youpedia Space Spelunker

Excuse me, sorry to bother you again, but I am rather confused on what this means: Path 'winter_2', line 51, position 9. It keeps on saying that this line is what's making SMAPI not load in the dialogue. You don't need to answer this if you don't want to, I'm just confused (・– • )

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

It could be a typo you made when translating the dialogues, such as; delete the comma at the end of the dialog line (which it needs), or putting more text or a symbol after it. Open the text of the file and check if you made any mistakes and/or if the file code is missing something.

Youpedia likes this.
            • Youpedia

Youpedia Space Spelunker

Thank you again! Your advice worked! I just needed add more text. Thank you so much again