Dragon Fruit Tree

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see this fruit and tree added to the game?

1. Yes, absolutely!

49 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Maybe... if you got it in a different way.

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Makes little difference to me.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I actually have the grow process, it's just in the GIF animation and Idk if you can see it. And yes, I'll probably work on another tree later in my down time. =)

eemie likes this.
    • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I think I will add the other sprites to show the growing process. It should allow people who for whatever reason can't see gif animations to see the other sprites involved here.

• Antiochus

Antiochus Void-Bound Voyager

Dragon fruit is a creeping cactus vine, it doesn't grow on trees. When you see it with a trunk it's actually a trellis.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Ahh, that's news to me. I always assumed that it was a tree simply because it looked like it was just a tree. Still, I think the concept could work here.

• Samu_San

Samu_San Void-Bound Voyager

AWESOME idea

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suppose that'd mean it'd be more like a trellis crop than a tree then?

Antiochus likes this.
              • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I suppose it could... but I've seen this plant primarily growing on trees (at least with what images I've seen so far), so I think a tree would do fine here. =)

Cemo likes this.
                • FireAgateFarms

FireAgateFarms Space Hobo

Having those three trees would be nice. The avocado and olive trees could both be a daily source for oil. If a candy machine is ever built all the fruit trees could be prime candidates for high value candy, the dragon fruit candy could give an attack or defense buff.

Darlana, Xamerzan and eemie like this.
                  • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

A candy machine would be so awesome!

Darlana, Xamerzan and Cemo like this.
                    • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Update! I put up each sprite for the growing sequence of this plant.

• HappyFarmer

HappyFarmer Space Hobo

We need this in the game!

Darlana and Xamerzan like this.
                        • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Very cool what a great idea

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I would have to re-do my orchard but I'm for new fruit trees in general :p

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Something occurred to me... I don't have all the sprites yet! I still need to make the seasonal tree sprites for all seasons except summer! I guess I'll have to look into re-coloring the original sprite and edit the Winter tree to look dead (or dormant). I'll update this post again when I've completed and added in the sprites!

eemie likes this.
                              • Hadvar23

Hadvar23 Void-Bound Voyager

Yup the dragon fruit has to be . As a set in endgame things. Sandy sell the saplings after you bought the desert cottage. -one of my suggestion- they produce fruit all years in the desert cottage zone. In the greenhouse too. Summer only on the farm. Your tree sprite want me to eat them!

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

• JB_Markowicz

JB_Markowicz Void-Bound Voyager

Which program did you used to make the sprites?

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Pixel Art Studio. It's not a bad program, but it certainly has its flaws. It's free to use, but you'll need to buy the 'PRO' version if you want to export your sprites.
                                    There's another (most likely better) program that I'm looking at getting, but I have currently forgotten the name of it. =|

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I realized that CA and Chucklefish are probably concerned with legal ramifications from taking suggestions from people, so I'm going to say to you now (CA and Chucklefish) that I'm willingly releasing ownership of this idea for you guys to use, edit, and/or remake however you want! Recognition is appreciated, but is by no means necessary as I want you guys to feel like you can use what I make without conditions.

I only create content for games I really like and would be thrilled if you guys want to use my stuff! My profile signature says so as well, so please... if you're worried I'll sue you guys for using my content without my permission, I'm GIVING you guys permission AND letting you guys claim it as yours. I do not mind at all! ^_^

• Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

I gotta say this looks really good and I would use it in game. Make it a mostly hated gift since Dragon Fruit tend to have a horrific smell, but make dishes that mask the smell and enhance the flavour liked/loved and give it a good sell price and boomshakalaka. I've long wanted new stuff for the desert, it feels completely worthless after a short while.