1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you guys think looking up Coordinates is cheating?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ElliotSB, Jun 25, 2018.

1. ElliotSB

ElliotSB Void-Bound Voyager

I decided to go look for some neat coordinates, but I was wondering if you guys think it is cheating.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
    Why would it be? It's just a mechanic to guide you, ain't like you could exploit it or sommfink

3. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Well atleast you can lookup coordinates.
    I have the game modded so much to the point of having an personalized universe where no coordinate can have a meaning.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Point being, if the game give you lemon you make lemonade
    If the game gives you possibility to access specific coordinates, feel free to use it

5. starboundATL

starboundATL Tentacle Wrangler

If you were a 16th century explorer and someone gave you a treasure map would following it be unethical?

Ickura and D.M.G. like this.
  6. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

I think the guys at Chucklefish said that it was a good idea for us players to share coordinates... you know, for loot, cool places, awesome sights…

7. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yes, looking up at the coordinate is just part of the game. It is just the feature that ease us when our ship are separated in the universe. We can give the coordinate of our ship to our friends so that their ship can go to our star system or vice versa. So, it is not considered as cheating.

8. Toporonin

Toporonin Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this feature, actually. It has a community vibe to it. Sharing interesting stuff with others and creating a collective database is quite fun.