Discovery: Placing Inventory Items on Certain Tables

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icywebs, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Icywebs

Icywebs Void-Bound Voyager

I had no idea until today, by accident, I placed a void egg on an endtable I had. Surprised, I then tried to do the same on my carved tea table.

I probably shouldn't be as pleased about this as I am, but there you have it!

GUYS! I can put DINNER on the TABLE!

FickleRhubarb and deukahng like this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Isn't it amazing? lol I didn't know you could do that at first either, I was thrilled when I discovered I could in fact decorate for the season or show off some of my favorite gems. >u<

I would love it if the big dining tables worked like the shelves at the museum wherein you could place several items - you could really set the table then!

Corraidhín likes this.
      • Icywebs

Icywebs Void-Bound Voyager

! That needs to be a thing!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I love that little feature, I only have two legendary fish and I have one on a stone coffee table in front of the fire place and another one on the side table in the living room. :)

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

I already knew about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731015960

Prism shard makes a really pretty table decoration. Also you can get a little creative and add "toys" into the kids rooms, like an ancient doll on a kids table or the "toy ship" next to it.

On another save i married Abigail and placed a table with a Bone Flute on it as a bit of a reference, like "Oh yeah, that;s Abigail's flute, she just has it lying around the house, cuz she;s messy.". Pretty sure i'm not the only one that has done that as it's super easy to connect and bone flutes are super common to find while fishing, but still, it's something that can be done.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
            • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You have no idea how much I needed to have a Tea Set on a table so that I could at least pretend to sit down for a nice meal-- as the game never (outside of a few cut scenes) lets you sit down or eat anything with table manners.

Who the heck throws an entire bowl of soup-- bowl included-- into their mouth?

Iphigenia and LuthienNightwolf like this.
              • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know that soup in the edible tortilla bowls looks pretty good..lol, though it's always nice to pretend, that's part of the fun.

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Decorating your farmhouse is like going to Ikea, basically. Just pretend that you do stuff on your display house.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh wow I didnt know this either, nice!

• bksurf

bksurf Space Hobo

This is really great, I'm trying to make a museum in my shed like I've seen all over Reddit but I can't figure out how to place things. I have it in my hands, my little character is holding it above my head. I tap the top of a table to place it and nothing happens. I double tap and I end up removing the table from the room and into my holding area menu. I'm on an iPad.

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't tried on mobile, but maybe try tapping the bottom of the table? Not sure where the hitbox for the table is but it might be only one tile.