1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Different Home Planet Than Before

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DatMuffinSkill, Jun 17, 2018.

1. DatMuffinSkill

DatMuffinSkill Space Hobo

I have had a issue with the game recently, I was on my starting planet and I beamed up to my ship. I then beamed back down from my ship and I was on a totally different planet than before. I did not click the teleport button or travel to a different location. I am aware that you can select "bookmark" to bookmark that location but I was not aware of this game flaw or glitch beforehand. If anyone in the community knows anything about this or has experienced this before I would love to know how to fix this!

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if you use the teleporter to access a placed teleporter on a different planet, it will not move your ship

if this is not what happened, all ik is bookmarking did not cause it and logs might be useful

3. DatMuffinSkill

Do you know if there is a way that I can look back in the logs to access the previous world? I am new to Starbounds and I have played for about like 3 or 4 days now so I am not aware of how to do these things. If you know how I can access this that would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Also, what I meant by "I am aware that you can select "bookmark" to bookmark that location but I was not aware of this game flaw or glitch beforehand" was that I realized I could have bookmarked my home planet to prevent this from happening but I never knew this glitch was in the game so I could not prevent it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
  4. Nexus Of Chaos

look for the earliest instance of the below code (minus coords) in your logs. idk exactly what the coords are, but they will be the coords to the planet u started on
    Code:
    [Info] UniverseServer: Loading celestial world -350357729:292003862:27610929:5

5. DatMuffinSkill

Ok thank you! Also, will everything still be saved on my character and how can I access my logs?

6. Nexus Of Chaos

your character will still be saved, and I have instructions in my signature for accessing your logs. if you do not see 3 clickable boxes below, make sure you have signatures enabled in your forum preferences

7. DatMuffinSkill

I got to the Starbound Directory and saw all of the same files. I clicked on the .log but it did not say [info] UniverseServer: Loading "world" "numbers". It said [info] UniverseServer: Logged in account "player". Is there something else I can do?

8. Nexus Of Chaos

if you see a file called starbound.log.1, then the latest log is starbound.log. otherwise the latest log is starbound. if you opened the game after the issue came up, the latest log is not the 1 u need

9. DatMuffinSkill

What do you mean by "if you opened the game after the issue came up, the latest log is not the 1 u need"?

10. Nexus Of Chaos

every time you run the game, a new log is generated and the old latest is renamed starbound.log.1, starbound.log.1 is renamed starbound.log.2, and all the way up to starbound.log.5 being deleted. if you relaunched the game after the glitch, then the latest log does not have the coordinates. If you relaunched 6 times tho, no log has the coordinates

11. DatMuffinSkill

I checked my starbound.log and found this. It said "[Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 2 to CelestialWorld:-234349350:-343605536:-104122126:", I was playing with my friend and he was player 2. Which cords do I put into my ship?

12. Nexus Of Chaos

u found the coords but tbh i hav no idea try plugging and checking. only 6 possibilities, so not that hard