Modding Help Determined to understand how to install multiple mods.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by VIcariousViking, Dec 22, 2013.

1. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone explain it? Let's focus on mods updated for Offended Koala.

I can't seem to install any more than one at a time. if I put 2 mods into the mods folder, only 1 works in game. Now if I delete the working one from the folder the other shows up.

Does this have to do with the player.config file being overwritten? I think it is, but i'd like some clarification. Also, i'd like to know if any other file is involved, and also i'd like to know what I can do to work around this and have several mods installed at once.

zortbg likes this.
  2. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

As far as i know in the moment there's the problem with multiple mods updating *.config files.
    For now in case you have 2 mods that have (for example) player.config modifications - put the both mods in the Mods folder
    then try to merge the 2 player.config files into 1 and rename the "inactive" file to .bak or something. (in assets.config there's a list of files to be ignored "assetsIgnorePatterns" ).

I hope this helps - tested on my side with 5-6 mods sharing player.config files - works.

Well, technically it's no news, just temporary bypass......

Stox likes this.
  3. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks man. I managed to get "skip mod" working with my URL mod by copying the extra stuff from skip mods player config file and pasting it in URL's

I didn't bother renaming the other, and it still worked fine. Presumeably because only the last player.config to get loaded will be recognized.

I'm assuming it all depends on what mods you have and what files they share but have chages to.

zortbg likes this.
  4. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

Great :) you're welcome, i'm glad you've bypassed your problem successfully :)

Happy modding! :D