Destroying Corrupted/Evil Planets

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Ginganx, May 13, 2013.

1. Ginganx

Ginganx Star Wrangler

So here's my depiction of it -

In your Side-Quests section (or wherever you find them) you'll see a quest that takes you to specific planets, usually infested, barren, and overall useless. Or maybe instead a planet that's about to collide with another and you have a timelimit to destroy it. Your mission would be to navigate your way through dungeons and caves to get to the planets Core, which will obviously be protected by various MOBS along the way. There could be an NPC there leading you to the opening where you can enter the tunnel to the planet's heart. Once it's been done, the NPC would teleport you back, eliminating tedious back-tracking. :iswydt:

To break the Core you would probably need a special tool, maybe one only gotten from the NPC is the sidequests, which can later be obtained from destroying enough of these planets. There is also the chance that Cores drop rare items, maybe materials or weapons, or rewards for saving their planet.

All responses good and bad are appreciated. :DD

Bacon likes this.
  2. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

WE DRILL! DRILL TO THE CORE!
    Then...
    WE DROP A NUKE!

Its...its so simple...
    I bet we could do it...
    1 Billion Pixels!
    [​IMG]

Bacon likes this.
  3. This is interesting. Some planets that are all corrupted and are a Dungeon itself that need to be destroyed (as said there's always a protection item, it can be tweaked to this)...
    :alien:

Edit: Feel Like a evil master-plan
    [​IMG]

Ginganx and BrutorDragon like this.
  4. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

It does feel a bit...
    Evil...

How ironic. We destroy an EVIL planet with an EVIL plan!
    MUAHAHAH AHAHAHAH HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!

docter evil.png

Bacon and Ginganx like this.
  5. Muahah! We are so EVILLY Off-Topic right now!

[​IMG]

BrutorDragon likes this.
  6. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Its EVIL isn't it!
    I suggest I no longer post here...
    Be a shame if something...
    EVIL were to happen!

docter evil.png

Bacon likes this.
  7. Ginganx

Ginganx Star Wrangler

That's really funny. guys :rofl:. But can we stay on-topic a bit more? I think is is my first good idea in a while. :)

BrutorDragon and Bacon like this.
  8. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Erhem, I also think its a good idea. But why kill the evil planet? What did it do to you?

9. Ginganx

Ginganx Star Wrangler

As I said, if you didn't want to destroy the evil planet, it could be to save a useless planet or other celestial body. from collision with an inhabited one.

BrutorDragon likes this.
  10. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I can paint it right? To make it less evil looking?

11. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I don't want such to be a quest. I want planet destroying to be either costly (mass destruction warhead) or work-demanding (dig to the very core, plant and arm set of nuclear bombs) option and I want such to be regular options (with possible safety-mechanisms craftable for some planets to prevent griefing).

Planet-scale destruction should be an just a thing the player may want to commit, and certainly not something that can only be aimed at subjectively seen 'evil' planets. Really, if it'll be a planet of fluffy kittens and bunnies hopping innocently around and munching cutely on some adorable, colorful snacks, I still want an option to turn it into field of drifting, molten rocks if I'll find it necessary.

12. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm thinking this might fit more with large asteroids or comets, or small rogue moons. something big enough to be a threat, but even if you do destroy it, it wont kill a planet on the starmap. But if you dont and it hits the planet you want to protect, it isnt destroyed either, just its biomes are drastically changed and most native life forms die out.

But when you were describing going through tunnels to get to the planets core, the first thing that popped into my head was R-Type. You wouldnt be doing that on foot unless you absolutely had to, you'd bring the firepower of the ship.

Ginganx likes this.