RP DEPTHS: The old city.

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

"I vote we stay here."

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"I'm all for moving but if we got odds of visitors, I'd like to have some life in me to kick some ass.."

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  3. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

"I doubt we'll meet too much trouble this early. We should keep moving."
    ---------------

Demina shudders at the thought of being eaten, but she brightens at the sudden thought of 'Vine Calamari.'

As it gets dark. "Anything that isn't flying won't sneak up on me, rest or no rest." Waggling her ears with a drawn out yawn. "But rest would be nice."

4. HunterC1998

"I hope that isn't an exaggeration.."

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

It is settled by majority. Tents are set up, and Demina gets first watch. She will then sleep in the tent of the second watchman and cycle off every hour until morning.

Thirty minutes into her shift, Demina hears something. A low buzz... muffled by whistling wind...
    She hears it land within your site behind you. Having more or less dropped tired, she was in a position to feign sleep.

6. Dipdoo

She lazily waves at the space above her before remembering that the temperature outside is much too low for any flying insect. She stands and slowly moves towards where she heard sound last, alert but somewhat groggy. 'Was that... Mechanical?'

7. Jareix Cryvix

Turns out, it was much bigger than any insect you've seen before.
    You spot the creature... two actually.
    One you immediately recognize.
    A large, pinkish, fungoid, crustacean-like entity the size of a man; where a head would be, they have a "convoluted ellipsoid" composed of pyramided, fleshy rings and covered in antennae. They are about five feet (1.5 m) long, and their crustacean-like body bears numerous sets of paired appendages. They also possess a pair of membranous bat-like wings.
    The other creature, tethered to the other through some sort of ætherial energy link attached to a polyhedral shaped device, is very peculiar. The tether is around a shackle around a single radially symmetric foot of five toes. Around that area it looks very solid, but above it exhibits monstrous plasticity. You can only sort of note its existence, as it seems to phase in and out of being material and being ætherial...
    The thing makes a whistling noise, alerting the winged thing. It turns to you in shock, before using its wings to, impossibly enough for its size and structure, fly with immense speed and a gust of wind, taking the other thing with it.
    You can barely keep track as they head up and then take off towards the city with blistering speed...

Arra and Firebird Zoom like this.
  8. Dipdoo

"You!?" Is the only thing she can think to say before shielding herself from the gust as the pair zips away. She runs into the largest of the tents and wakes whoever's in there. "Wake up! We've been scouted out by some huge, winged... thing and its rider!"

9. Firebird Zoom

Malcolm is instantly awake and pulls on his NVG's, he runs out and begins scanning the horizon for the creatures.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Wow... already?"
    Hercules loads his gun and scouts for anything beyond the tents far enough to be considered a threat. As in it isn't part of the scout group.

11. HunterC1998

Richard wakes from a nightmare with a scream, "No!.....wh...wait...what?" He mumbles with himself before clarity comes and he scrambles out with little more than his gun, but ready, searching.

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. Dipdoo

"They're gone, flew towards the town!" She pulls out her tablet and tries to draw the rider one more time. 'What kind of leash was that?'

Firebird Zoom and Dragonclaw like this.
  13. Firebird Zoom

"We've passed the point of no return then."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  14. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Cain quickly rushes out of his tent, not sleeping in the first place, and stares towards where Demina pointed. "S-should I go after them?"

15. Jareix Cryvix

The only evidence would have been their footprints, but they've been blown out and dispersed by the wind.
    The others are instantly awake and out.
    "Was it armed?"
    Asks sklod.
    "I sssee nothing... No tracess of anything as far as I can tell..."
    Groans Thorny.
    You spot nothing. False alarm maybe...?
    You can't see anything. It's too dark out anyway. The instaflame fuel provides much heat, but not much light. Ideal for stealthy scouting parties trying to avoid getting spotted.
    You can't see anything. It's too dark.
    Well. Companion anyway. It wasn't riding so much as just getting pulled by it.
    You get a very odd shape going, but it's just hard to put to image.
    Where she pointed is the very city you are heading.
    "We'll keep an eye out should we encounter them at the city... someone armed should keep watch instead... Namely me. Rest of you go back to bed until your watch is next..."
    Speaks Sklod.
    "How do we even know she's telling the truth?"
    "Why else would she want to wake us?"
    "She could just be seeing things. She wouldn't be the only non-treiachian to be afflicted with the strange madness..."
    "I can't find anything. No way they could move that fast that quietly..."
    "What was that buzzing then?"
    "tent in the wind likely."
    "Whatever. Wake me when it's my turn for watch."
    They slowly begin returning to sleep.

16. HunterC1998

Richard heads over to Demina, still holding his shotgun ready, "You sure you saw something?"

17. Firebird Zoom

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

18. Dipdoo

Sounding somewhat frantic. "Absolutely. Some odd duo, both had wings but it looked like only the large one could fly. The flyer was almost ghostly, half-physical?" She puts the tablet away and shakes her head. "And I think the... Scout, was leashed to the flyer? Whatever they are isn't natural."
    ---------------
    "Sounds like crazy-talk, but that is what we signed up for I guess." Ron shuffles off to sleep, mumbling something about a headache.

19. HunterC1998

Off a small shrugging movement, he simply nods and turns back, "Ehh, I always like to wonder just where the limit is, I'll buy it, just make sure next time we get to see it, or someone does..."

20. Jareix Cryvix

((The nonphysical one didn't have wings))
    While Sklod keeps watch outside, the others return to sleep.
    Beyond demina being unable to sleep for much time due to what she saw, there were no further complications.

Dipdoo and Firebird Zoom like this.