1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Linux or Windows?
    Did you set the port correctly?
    Are you sure the server is running?

Sometimes the server takes a while to startup, this may vary between 1 and 10min, depending if it's the first time you start it since you booted the machine and how fast/slow the machine itself is +mods, etc.
    If you can login to the server and the website still says offline, change the IP and the Port.

It might be possible, but I'm not really sure, if both machines are located on LAN, maybe... But it most likely won't work without doing some massive editing to the website or having the computer download the current file and upload it to the other machine.
    Running a website and the server on separate machines right now is not possible, because the database of the game is flatfile, if all the data were to be stored in a MySQL database, this would be possible, but right now, your best bet is to host the both on the same machine.

mettalmag likes this.
  2. cobramike

cobramike Intergalactic Tourist

When wil be the update comming. I can not wait for it. I have now a server with 16 players on. And it woot be nice to have the version 2 on. Greets Mike

3. BurningVanities

BurningVanities Space Hobo

Is there a way to have this read a file from a hosted server? Can it access the server information via ftp or something? Or, if I could auto download the server logs to a specific location would that work?

4. danks_

Sorry, I'm having a rough week.

mettalmag likes this.
  5. rednight69

rednight69 Big Damn Hero

I got it, no idea what I did but I got it, thank you for the help though

6. mettalmag

mettalmag Void-Bound Voyager

Its not a big deal I can run server and page on the same machine, I guess I have to reinstall the system because I cant install appserv and MySQL, hope it helps

7. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Oh god, I wish I could host the site on my host :3

mettalmag likes this.
  8. AbbyTheRat

AbbyTheRat Aquatic Astronaut

I just wanted to mention that XAMPP installs PHP with short tag style turned off. Might be wise to code with long tags to avoid any conflicts.

It's no problem for me to turn short- tags on but those who may try to install this somewhere else where they can't turn it off, this could be a problem ^^; http://php.net/short-open-tag

9. Jables

Jables Void-Bound Voyager

Works really great! Thanks so much for your work, Danks! I see a lot of stuff that needs a little refinement, but I'll wait for the next update to leave feedback. Good work!

10. sarahwalker

sarahwalker Space Hobo

Hello!

I finally after trial and error got AppServ to work with windows and now my site works. I just have some problems.

When I register as a regular member with the key system and try to login in Starbound, it says "banned". I've tried unbanning the IP, character and account but still says banned, I followed it exactly as it showed so I don't' know why everyone but admin gets banned. If I turn off the key system it seems to work.

Is it normal for the forum to try connecting to my IP?? When I click on it the forum button instead of it bringing me to the forum it trys to connect to the page through my IP, if that makes any sense. It's like this: 0.0.0.0/myforum.com When it should be: http://myforum.com. All I did was input the http link into the box and it tries connecting to my IP for some reason.

That's about all I found, other than that everything else runs great!

Thank you for putting up such a fantastic web server!

11. AbbyTheRat

Just wanted to point out a little typo.. On Server Management menu, on the top, the link to Active system points to active, when it should of been activs.

It shuts down the server fine, but when trying to start it up, I COM class is not loaded
    Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Class 'COM' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\adminc\manage.php on line 3
    Discovered that Xampp didn't include the extension in the php.ini, I've added it in.

Now I get this error instead:

Code:
    [01-Feb-2014 01:24:33 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b> Unknown<br/><b>Description:</b> Unknown' in C:\xampp\htdocs\adminc\manage.php:4
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\adminc\manage.php(4): com->Run('C:\Program File...', 7, false)
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\admin.php(25): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
    #2 {main}
      thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\adminc\manage.php on line 4
    I've added a try/catch -
    PHP:
    try{

$oExec $WshShell->Run($starbound_path."win32\\starbound_server.exe"7false);
     } catch (
    Exception $e){
        echo 
    "Error:<br />" $e->getMessage() . "<br />";
     }
    The error returned is unknown! Well! That's useful!

--

There's a array that has a missing index,
    Code:
    PHP Notice:  Undefined index: id in C:\xampp\htdocs\adminc\header.php on line 20
    It just needed a isset check on the array.

When installing, it didn't want to accept the values for Logs or Access.. the only ones it did accept was starter spawn. It didn't put any defaults in, so I had to add that into the database manually.

Finally, it's not showing up visited/actives systems, so I'm looking into why that's not working right now.

p.s. do you guys have a IRC or IM somewhere that I could maybe talk to you guys a little? Or somewhere you might prefer me to bug report at?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  12. sarahwalker

sarahwalker Space Hobo

Hey,

I fixed all the errors/issues. For some reason downloading your other one (StarDanks CMS v1.4+ (Raven) fixed everything. Thanks for making a great site!

13. s0system

s0system Intergalactic Tourist

I wait for unix support. I hope the release comes soon
    The CMS runs on my Debian Server unfortunately without start-stop function and log output the only thing is the online status

Great Work

14. danks_

Guys, again, I'm really sorry about v2 taking so long to be released, I'm having some serious shitty time right now, haven't been able to get some time to sit and program this week. I'll try getting this done with soon enough.

Like I said in my last updates, most of what is missing for v2.0 to come out is just admin tools to edit the website's menus and the news manager.
    RavenDust has been helping me out A LOT, and with several people posting that his v1.4+ has been dealing with a lot of bugs on mine, has taken some stress out of this project, so thank him as well for his work. I'll be sure to send him an early release of v2, so that if he wants, he can take a look at my errors before I release them.

Linux Management is a go, again thanks to Raven.

Thank you everyone for keeping the thread alive and giving me so much feedback, I promise to release v2 as soon as I can!

RavenDust likes this.
  15. danks_

Added a link to my locally hosted v2 demo, please don't login to the server, don't make me add a password to it and disable the whitelist registry.
    It's only going to be online when I'm home, I can't portforward anywhere else.

16. AbbyTheRat

Looking forward to v2. I noticed the lag too so glad to hear that you found a another method. :)

17. mettalmag

any ideas how can i do it on WIn server 2008 R2 ?

18. AbbyTheRat

I got it to mostly work with XAMPP, need a few adjustments to the php.inc. However I haven't got the wshell to work right still... going to wait until v2 and then see if I can come up with a tutorial for XAMPP, which hopefully will help others who have problems with AppServ or others.

19. RavenDust

RavenDust Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For some reason, i haven't been getting alerts of any kind to all the replies in the thread, so i'll just have to drop by avery now and then... Since i'm here at least twice a day, that shouldn't be an issue :p

I'm sorry to hear you have such a hard time, wishing you all the best and hoping all will get better soon :/

I'm looking forward to the v2, but take as much time as you need :)

danks_ likes this.
  20. mettalmag

and if there anything we can help ?