RP Demon Hunters

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, May 31, 2014.

1. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Erick stood at the sidewalk, trying to recover from the demon's fling but thankfully Marlene cast a Recover on him, patching him up. He saw the demon about to take a swing at Aaren and was about to help but Micheal got to it before him. Then he saw Louis take a hit at it. He was currently holding on to it's eye socket. The demon didn't seem to be getting any weaker and Erick felt like it had an added advantage over the team standing, therefore bringing it down seemed like a strategy.

Erick took out his knife and started running towards the demon. It was still distracted by Louis so running towards it wasn't a difficult or hazardous task. Erick slide the knife through it's leg, still running, he jumped and turned around mid-air and used the little amount of flux he had left in him to cast a weak torch and shot it at the demon's leg, right where he cut it. The demon let out a grunt and kneeled. It shot some missiles at him but he managed to dodge them.

"It's on it's knee. Louis, try and get another jab at it's neck seemed to work...." before he could finish his sentence the demon took a swing at him but Erick battle-rolled out. "On the other hand, I might as well just join you." Erick ran towards it's arm and stabbed it. The demon felt the knife and swung it around it's shoulder, with Erick still holding on.

2. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Deep within cover, Marlene decided to assess the situation as she tried to recover her bearings- the shadows, cut off from their source, were dwindling, and it would seem that there are no other demons within their sector. But the Vanguard still remains, and-

A loud crash was heard, and she looked up just in time to glimpse her team leader being knocked into a building. And close by, the Dark Vanguard was winding up for a follow-up punch.
    On reaction, Marlene began to move, using what's left of her Dark Flux to move faster. But she knew she wouldn't make it in time. She was simply too far away. Even if she can somehow reinforce her legs to be fast enough to reach Aaren in time, she certainly won't have enough resources to do anything about the incoming assault.
    Thankfully, her team's assistance was all that was needed, giving her a mostly clear path to her team leader.
    "Thanks - heading for the support!" She spoke with renewed determination, dashing forward as fast as she can. The Vanguard's support temporarily interrupted, the shadows in the way were easily cut down, giving Marlene back some much-needed Flux.

As soon as she spotted her target, Marlene swiftly prepared and cast upon him a Recover.
    "Aaren, you okay?", she questioned, before having to fell another Shadow that came near.
    Turning her gaze toward the primary skirmish, she noted it was seemingly going rather well - at least, that's what she could tell from seeing the Vanguard on its knees... But just in case, she cast two quick Recover spells on Luis and Erick respectively, at the very least restoring their stamina.
    "I'm going to have to cover leader for a while, but I can still give you support from here!", she announced. "Just ask!"

3. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

Aaren coughed. "Thanks, Michael!" he shouted over the radio quickly and looked where to go next. He ran out of the shop and kicked open a door of another shop, hiding in it for the time being. Meanwhile, Luis was on his case. "Luis, we can't retreat! Imagine the damage this thing will do to civilians if we don't take it down. We are Demon Hunters. Sometimes the fight can take hours, if not days! I know a usual battle with a Dark Vanguard is long done by now, but keep fighting." Still, Luis had a point. Morale was starting to get low, because this thing just didn't seem to go down. While behind cover, Aaren took out his scanner and used it to scan the demon again. Meanwhile, Marlene arrived.

She asked if Aaren was okay. "I'm fine, the wounds should be within your powers and haven't had time to infect yet. No glass got in, either. Mind if I make a call while you heal?" He connected his earpiece to his phone and dialed HQ. "Team Omicron. Can I have some info on this demon?" The operator quickly responded. "We've been hearing about that from all other teams in your area. It seems they are more powerful version of the traditional Dark Vanguards, either with special training or some kind of armor. They don't show up differently on the scanners, but are certainly worse. They got a lot of health and a stronger punch, but it seems they are otherwise the same so use the same tactics. Be careful! According to your info, you seem to be through the worst of this fight and you should be done in not too long."

Aaren communicated this to his team. Meanwhile, the rest of his team was making great efforts outside. "Marlene, are you done? I think we can finish this now."

4. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

'Alright, boss, what did HQ say? Is there an easier way to take down this bastard?' Michael looked up from his own scanner, to see a large wave of projectiles headed towards him. He quickly jumped from his position on the side of the building, and leapt down to the ground, the wall exploding above him from the impact. He dodged around the pieces that fell down, and started making his way towards the demon, slashing through a few scraps of Shadows around him. He split apart his dagger again, and prepared to make a pass at the demon.

5. Boufman

Erick heard Aaron talking to the HQ and replied, "Couldn't you just ask for some....", Erick complained, although before he could finish his sentence he saw the demon swinging the arm he was holding on to towards a building. Quickly reacting, Erick took the knife out off it's arm and jumped into the building through the broken window. "Backup?", he finished his sentence as he dusted himself off. Erick put his knife back into its sheath and took out his rifle. He thought the demon would be occupied by Louis but instead shot projectiles at Erick. Erick took a table near him and threw it in the path of the projectiles making it explode.

Quickly taking aim, Erick shot a projectile from his rifle and it hit the demon's head. It gave it a slight concussion, well it was either that or it was getting ready for his next move. The vanguard released several projectiles in the direction of the building Erick was in. 'Shit!' Erick swore. As he ran to the back of the building he left a trail of rummage of office equipment, blocking the path of few of the missiles. As he reached the back of the building he look behind him to check how many missiles were left. He couldn't tell the difference, in fact, creating the rummage only destroyed a few of the missiles as the explosion from the blasts of the previous explosions. Erick didn't have much flux left in him but it was better to feel weak than dying. He shot small projectiles of his Torch spell at the projectiles destroying each and every one of them. He immediately felt the effect of the lack of flux in him. He immediately collapsed on the floor. "I think I'm gonna sit this one out.", said Erick in a faint voice into the comm and leaned against the table.

6. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

"Yes, quite", Marlene affirmed, returning to her duties after having to take out a straggling Shadow. Administration of first-aid complete, she looked out of the building to view the ongoing skirmish. The Vanguard is still distracted by her allies, which is good.
    Though it doesn't look like it'll be distracted for much longer, she thought.
    Said thought was confirmed almost immediately as the Vanguard managed to shake Erick off, subsequently releasing a wave of projectiles in his direction, the only further intel she received being a cacophony of noise and explosions from his direction.
    Fortunately, Marlene managed to keep her composure - enough so she could hear Erick's faint voice, tired but alive. No casualties yet, then - fortunate. Still, that means they're down one person for now.

Taking a deep breath, Marlene reached for her reserves of Flux, and found she had both enough reserves of both Light and Dark.
    "All right, I'm ready", she said, grasping her blade. "What do you want me to do, Aaren?"

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  7. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

To be honest, Luis hadn't been expecting to hang on as long as he did. The shot from Erick's rifle, funnily enough, was what dislodged him, along with a particularly violent shake from the Vanguard. There was a vicious moment of clarity while he was airborne, he had just enough time to think What a stupid way to die, then he hit the literal brick wall of the same apartment building he'd been using as an impromptu nest. Everything went dark, and he found himself resting at the corner where the building met the road, blood leaking from his mouth and nose.

8. Ikbenbeter

"Michael, I'm sorry, but the only way to take it down is the hard way. And no backup either. All our resources are spend to cover all the attacks in the city." Aaren turned to Marlene and nodded to her. "Thank you." He ran out of the building, onto the battlefield. He saw what was going on directly. "No!" He shouted as first Erick was shaken off and seconds later Luis. Erick was alright, but Luis got knocked pretty badly. "Luis? Luis? Luuuuiis?" He heard himself say in the radio. Aaren felt empty. Did he lose someone already? Did he make a mistake that cost someone his life? "Marlene, go check on him already!" His voice became angry, as everything got into slowmotion. Aaren slashed at the demon, hoping to distract it. It turned to him, its glowing eyes staring directly at him. It raised a hand. Aaren prepared to jump away, waiting for the best moment as to keep its attention.

"See..."

Where did that voice come from? It was deep and dark and devoid of emotion. Everyone had heard it. Aaren looked at the demon. The glowing eyes stared at Aaren so directly Aaren started to shiver. "See? See what?" he shouted, now more scared than angry, at the demon. Demons couldn't talk. Who said that?

"See the darkness."

With a single motion of its hand, the Dark Vanguard summoned a portal at the ground under Aaren. Before Aaren could move or reach out, he fell into it. The portal closed directly. A loud static noise filled everyone's earpieces. After a few seconds, it was gone. Half a minute passed by and suddenly Aarens voice could be heard through the earpiece again. "Don't panic, I think I'm alright. This place is very dark, but I think I see a light. Guys, don't give up!" Aarens voice sounded almost cheerful. "There are a lot of Shadows here, but I don't think I've ever had this much dark flux in me. It seems like the Vanguard has a lot more health than we thought, so stay back a little. I should be back soon, bearing gifts."

9. critsarecool

Staying away, Michael mimed to the other team members to change the frequency of their earpieces. As soon as most of them were there, he said, 'Guys, I am getting a bad feeling about this. One thing I know is that that much dark flux isn't healthy for you; another thing is that he would never be that cheerful after being plunged into one of the most hellish places in... not in the world, but it is a very dangerous, evil place. That just didn't sound like him. Once he gets back, I think we need to incapacitate him and put him somewhere safe, just in case. For now, lets play it cool and keep attacking this bastard we were trained to kill. Take out the joints on its legs, it only has one arm to defend itself. It will be much weaker after that, it will also be easier to maneuver around it. Does anyone have anything to say before we switch back?' Michael primed a couple of flashes and laid them around, and then got a high power flash for each of his teammates. 'If you are ever in a pinch, shout for me to activate it, should give you a few seconds of breathing room.'

10. Boufman

Thanks to Marlene, Erick felt a lot better but still a little weak from the blow. The same couldn't be said for Luis. "Damn! Marlene forget about the demon, Michael and I will take care of it, go help...", before he could finish his sentence he heard the strange voice in the comm. and then, the static. Erick kneeled down in pain but stood up just in time to see their leader fall down into the portal created by the demon.

There was a moment of silence. And then they heard Aaren's voice. It was almost, cheerful. "I agree with Michael.", said Erick after hearing his message. That much dark flux couldn't be good. "Marlene, I'm gonna try and distract the Vanguard and clear a path for you, Michael, if you can try and get a hit on it's head. It might not hurt him but sure the hell gives us some time to think. I'm gonna try and keep this thing on it's knees. Let's hope Aaren's alright. Good luck everyone.", as Erick said his last words he jumped down, out of the building, and looked at the demon. It was already on one of its knee, now it was time for it to crawl.

Erick ran at the demon, his knife in his right hand and took a swing at it's already downed knee. He then continued to run and jumped up at it's other knee and stuck his knife in it. Using his legs, he jumped down on to the street. He looked up at the demon and saw it's arm coming down on him but dodged it before it hit him. He quickly took out his rifle and shot the demon at it's standing knee but not before casting a Steady Aim on himself. The shot from the rifle seemed to be quite effective as it was now on both of his arms and knees. "Just like a baby.", Erick chuckled, quite impressed by himself. Although it wasn't very funny when the 'baby' took another swing at him. Erick jumped in order to avoid the arm but it managed to hit his leg making him land on his back. "I'm fine." groaned Erick, but as he looked up, he saw demon's coming furiously down at him. "Michael, now would be a very good time to use that Flash of yours!", Erick shouted as he started to run away from the radius of the arm.

11. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

To tell the truth, Marlene did manage to see a glimpse of Luis being thrown off the Vanguard only several moments after Erick did. At that moment, while she was unable to leave her place, she could only hope he was fine.
    But now that obviously wasn't the case.
    "...I'm on it", Marlene stated, the direness of the current situation pushing her past a momentary panic and into steeled determination.
    Pouring Dark Flux into her legs, she began to move. She knew the general direction Luis fell to, but nevertheless, she would have to be quick.

It wasn't long before she heard the strange voice, stopping abruptly. Then, she witnessed Aaren fall down a hole. Then, static.
    Why did she stop? She can't stop now. Not with a person's life on the line.
    So she forced herself to move, but found the Vanguard's imposing figure blocking the immediate path. Cursing inwardly, she had to step back.
    As Aaren went back online, even as disconcerting as his tone of voice was, she didn't lose her focus. She needed some way to get past the Demon, and quick.
    Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed Michael's signal to switch comm frequencies, and promptly did so. She did not say a word as the other two active members of her team conversed, however. There's something much more important at hand. The only thing she said, as the two began to again use themselves as a distraction so she could move, was a simple "Thank you".

Marlene had not poured more Dark Flux upon her reinforcement spell as she had done now. She moved at a very impressive speed, cutting through any Shadow that came across her path, reaching the fallen Luis in a matter of seconds. Kneeling beside him, she checked his injuries.
    Severe concussion. Likely internal bleeding, as well. She's seen this before, as much as she didn't want to. Localized in nature, but quickly fatal if untreated.
    If untreated.
    Not happening. Not as long as she had a say in it.

Marlene took a deep breath, and drew upon her reserves of Light Flux. A fully-powered Recover, focused as much as it could on healing the immediate injury.
    Clearly seeing that one cast was not enough, she drew upon more of her Flux. A part of her shouted that she should conserve a good portion of her energy for the battle ahead, but when the situation is this dire, she just couldn't help it. So she cast a second, fully-powered Recover upon Luis.
    And she's still not done yet.
    She had to drain a good chunk of the Light Flux out of her blade, but she managed to cast a third Recover, this time of a lower magnitude, upon the wounded teammate.

Then flux deprivation kicked in, and Marlene lost her balance for a moment, nearly falling on top of the wounded. She's at her limit now. She hoped the medical attention she gave was enough. Propping herself up with the help of her blade and the nearby wall, she slowly got back on her feet.
    Almost drained. Won't last for much longer.
    Don't stop.
    Don't give up.
    Can still keep going.
    Will reinforce the moving parts.

Silently, Marlene Merrill braced herself for what will come.

12. critsarecool

'I got you Erick!' Michael said, as he cast SoN on Erick. Right after doing so, he made a small flash bang, just enough disorient the demon, and threw it at its face, blowing the flash right as it collided. As the demon shook it's head, Michael cast SoN on himself, and sped towards the Demon, a dagger in each hand. He jumped and landed on the Demon's back, then stabbed into the back of the Demon. He pulled the blades out as the demon shrieked, and as he pulled them out, a dark liquid came out with them, bubbling out and onto Michael, who was in the way of it. Michael combined his daggers, and made a large flash, a bit more heavy duty than the one he used to clear the shadows before, and shoved it into the hole he made in the demon.His hand was coated in the dark black liquid, and when he tried to pull out his hand, it didn't work. He was stuck elbow deep in the back of the demon with a live Flash in his hand, and a very angry demon beneath him. 'Erick, can I get some help here?!? You can borrow my dagger, it'll help you, just try to help me get my hand out of here, or distract it, or something! I don't want to die rodeoing a Dark Vanguard!'

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  13. Stu and Improved

Luis was vaguely aware of someone kneeling over him, then he coughed twice and passed out. His body had been mostly repaired, but he had a hell of a head injury and wasn't going to be much help for the rest of the fight.

14. Ikbenbeter

The battlefield shook. The rubble where Aaren had collapsed the street started to move and shake. "Hold onto something!" Aaren shouted into the microphone.

Aaren wasn't sure what happened exactly after he fell into the portal. He directly lost consciousness and when he woke up a little later, he was lying in the corner of a dark street with almost no light, overrun by shadows. There was just enough light to see the Shadows, who didn't seem to notice him. When he stood up, however, they all turned towards him ready to strike. Aaren easily slashed them up with his glaive, quickly noticing that they only left dark flux behind. He was overflowing with it after a short while of killing them when he noticed a light. He also heard a faint crackle in his ear, notifying him that his earpiece was back online. Overjoyed, he told the rest that he was alright.

[​IMG]

Aaren suddenly noticed a power in him. Strong, old magic, not like that on Earth (magic on Earth feels new and everchanging. This magic felt static but much more overwhelmingly powerful), was everywhere and it tried to make its way into Aarens body. At first, Aaren rejected it when he realized that it wasn't harmful at all and felt a new power in himself. More importantly, he felt like he had the ability to share this new power with others.

Then, Aaren noticed a portal. Around it, pieces of rubble laid that resembled the rubble on the streets he and his team had just been fighting. Using his new spell Aaren was able to destroy the rubble and he jumped into the portal.

The rubble that had previously blocked the way the shadows came from exploded and pieces flew everywhere. Out of the portal, Aaren flew and he fell onto the pavement. "Guys," He shouted, "Open your hearts. You'll master a new dark flux spell!" And Aaren used his new, strange ability on every member of his team. This would turn the battle around.

New Dark Flux spell learned:
    Environmental explosion: Causes an explosion on the environment which does no damage to Demons or people except from the debris. Ranged.

Very Far Away:
    "Team Delta shows most promise. Proposal to grant protection from Overmind was passed in time, but leader was still exposed enough to grow in power. They are on their way to becoming the Ultimate Weapon."

15. Stu and Improved

Luis woke slowly, feeling like he'd been hit by a truck. His vision was still blurry, but he couldn't specifically feel anything broken. Hauling himself into a sitting position, he surveyed the situation. Marlene was looking about as bad as he felt, and his CO was nowhere to be seen. Nothing to be done about that. He stood up, grimacing, and walked over to Marlene, looping her arm over his shoulder without a word and steering her over to an abandoned section of the street. He laid her down, checking her over for injuries, then speaking to her in a low tone.

"You've done really well. I'm proud. But right now, I need you to stay down here and out of the way. Going out and getting yourself murdered isn't going to prove anything to anybody, okay? Just... stay here. We're going to get you out of here, you're going to be okay." Luis clapped her on the shoulder, then stood up. He noticed two things simultaneously. One, his earpiece was broken, and jabbing his inner ear with shards of plastic. Two, something was... trying to get at him. On a non-physical level.

16. critsarecool

Still 'riding' the demon, Michael felt a strange feeling in his chest, like something old and arcane was pushing its way in. After fighting it, he gave up and decided to find out what it was. He embraced it, and new knowledge filled him. It had something to do with a, rope of sorts. He tried using it, and a small strand of dark flux came out of his hand. He pushed it out further, and it stuck onto the back of the demon. 'Guys, I just got something strange, it has something to do with a rope of dark flux. I am gonna try to use it to get out of this thing.' Michael made a large strand of the flux, and flung it onto the side of on of the buildings. After repeating the process, with different buildings, he pulled himself up, slowly dragging his arm out of the demon, and leaving behind the large flash inside of it. He sucked in most of the strings, then pulled himself off of the demon and swinging away. 'Alright, I'm gonna blow the Flash!' Pulling himself up the rope to the top of the building, Michael closed his eyes and activated the flash. (I'll leave it to ikben to decide how effective it is)

17. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

As Luis awoke and began to carry her to safety, Marlene wordlessly complied, though not exactly willingly. Taken out of the stress of battle, the adrenaline that had fueled much of her actions throughout the latter half of the fight had began to fade, leaving her too physically and mentally drained to protest. Now laying down by the side of the street, her thoughts wandered, and found solace in contemplating the words of her fellow team-member.

"You've done really well. I'm proud" Sure, we all start with stock phrases.
    "But right now, I need you to stay down here and out of the way" Another one. And you know, in a place like this 'out of the way' can be a pretty narrow space.

Letting out an inward sigh, Marlene somehow began to feel rather lethargic. Was it exhaustion? Or maybe the side effect of using way too much Flux in one sitting? Either way, she fought the urge to close her eyes, though exactly why, she did not care.

"Going out and getting yourself murdered isn't going to prove anything to anybody, okay?" Says the guy who almost went and did it himself. Not willingly, but still.

She began to notice a growing feeling, of some alien influence over her, something foreign but familiar, ancient and mystical, something trying to - metaphysically - 'enter' her.
    A part of her noted that these kinds of things should be resisted, but as her mind was too tired to muster up a decent resistance, Marlene simply let the alien power in.

"Just... stay here. We're going to get you out of here, you're going to be okay."

As she began to think about these words, something flashed in her mind.
    Wait, haven't I heard that before?
    Yes, I have.

Several images played in her mind, a series of visions all too familiar. Walking down the street. Picking up the pace to avoid an oncoming storm. The demon. The battle. The blood.
    And after those words, the white room.
    Come to think of it, what was her reason to fight?
    ...To protect. Yes, to protect. Keep others safe. Keep everyone safe, preferably not at her own expense.
    Still, wasn't she the one who was being covered for, for about half the battle? Admittedly, most of those times she needed to quickly administer medical treatment to someone... Which only meant that she did not succeed in protecting that person in the first place.
    And now she was laid here, tired and exhausted, pretty much out for the rest of the fight.
    If only she can do something more. To protect others... And to protect herself.

It was now that Marlene became aware of the difference inside. A wellspring of Dark Flux had formed within, fully ready - no, expecting - to be formed, shaped, molded, to all her heart's desires.
    She realized this now. She was down, but not out.
    Channeling this abundant flow of Dark Flux, she stood, her Reinforcement magic taking care of what the rush of Flux didn't invigorate. And to the new power swirling inside, waiting to be given form... She did so.
    Darkness flowed and surrounded her, slowly forming, coalescing, covering Marlene's body and shield in an armor of Dark Flux. As soon as the armor was complete, covering her from head to toe, it began to pulse, almost unnoticeably so, and she felt very trace amounts of Dark Flux being drawn in from her surroundings.

[Spell Awakened: Darksoul Armor(Dark, Support, Self, Lingering)]
    Covers the user in a full-body platemail created from Dark Flux, and coats the user's shield in Flux as well. Boosts defensive abilities, and Flux-reinforced shield becomes very effective at defending against projectiles made of Dark Flux. Moderate Flux upkeep, increases proportional to density and strength of armor created. Additionally, absorbs trace amounts of Dark Flux from the surrounding area and/or demons, not enough to affect all but the very weakest shadows, but enough to draw demons' attention and lower Flux upkeep proportional to the amount of sources in the surrounding area. Slightly lowers user's speed.

Now clad in an armor of Dark, Marlene walked outside and back into the area of engagement, in time to see a powerful Flash detonated by Michael - right within the Vanguard's body.
    Still, she had a feeling that won't be quite enough.
    Bracing herself, she stepped forward next to Luis, and said, "Sir Luis? I think I'm up for another round"

18. Boufman

Erick was panicking. The shadow of the demon's arm was getting bigger and he was nowhere out of it's range. Right when he thought he was going to die, he felt an energy in him and before he knew it he was out of the range of the demon's heart. Michael had cast a SoN allowing him to make a swift escape. Behind him he heard a small explosion, probably that flash bang he asked for. He tried to turn around to help Michael with his rodeoing issues but instead twisted his ankle and went flying across the road.

'Damn SoN!' Erick cursed in his mind as he was still stumbling across the road. He looked up at the demon and saw Michael perform a spell he never performed. Right then he felt a stinging sensation in his chest. Probably from rolling down and asphalt street filled with debris, but this was something different. More powerful. Not the magnitude of the pain but, what he felt. It was new, yet there was something familiar about. Something magical. But just cause it seemed familiar Erick did not accept it easily. He tried to resist it but it was too powerful, besides, he couldn't punch it in face.

Finally, he realized that the only way to stop it was to accept it and so he did. Erick felt dark flux flowing through like a raging river. So painful, yet so empowering. Then, it went away. The empowering feeling was now replaced by dizziness. The buildings and the demon spun around him. He managed to shake it off but immediately felt himself using a spell. He looked at a car nearby and realized what his newfound power was. 'This is gonna hurt.' Erick thought to himself as charged towards the car and was immediately slammed in to the car.

New Dark Flux spell learned:
    Charge: User is able travel a short distance (5 feet) in bursts. User travels with a purplish black streak. User can be hit during bursts. Flux consumed with the number of times this spell is used.

19. Ikbenbeter

After Aarens reentry, the team seemed to pull itself together. However, behind him the Shadows already started flooding the battlefield. Aaren used his new magic to explode the walls again, now damaging the houses much worse, and closed the street. No Shadows would come from here again. The team had a lot of Dark Flux. Meanwhile, Michael did major damage to the demon. It let out multiple horrible roars as it almost collapsed from the damage. It seemed to go down and closed its eyes while showing signs of its end. Slowly but surely it was falling, dark and light flux beginning to take shape around it in a beautiful glowing firefly party.

But suddenly a lot was sucked back in, with some of the vast amount of Dark Flux that Aaren had released but hadn't been absorbed by team members getting sucked in as well. However, all of the light flux was staying where it was. The ancient magic that Aaren had released upon his team members seemed to be absorbed by the Vanguard as well. It opened its eyes and slammed with its fist onto the ground, creating an earthquake. Aaren shook, but his position was a stable one. Some of the houses didn't fare so well, though. "This is new!" Aaren took out his scanner to scan the demon, but it was unable to recognize it. Aaren send the data to HQ.

The street now looked more like a battlefield than the original apartment block it once was. Aaren cast a few spells to make Light Shields that floated in the air. He was now unable to cast dark magic, but his teammates could use them to attack the demon from equal height. The demon still was stumbling. Despite recovering a little from the magic that Aaren had brought, the damage done by Michael was still overwhelming it. It slammed the ground more. "Use my platforms to move around, they can't be hit by the earthquakes!" Aaren shouted into the microphone. He jumped onto one himself, ready for the final attack with his full power.

20. critsarecool

Saying a quick thanks into his mic, Michael prepared to jump, up, but then remembered something. He looked around, and spotted it. His chained kunai was laying on the ground beneath the demon, having been blown off by the flash. 'I need to go under the demon for a second, I'll be right back.' Casting a quick SoN on himself, Michael sped under the demon, shaking from its fist hitting the ground. Sliding underneath the demon, and in as a plus collecting quite a bit of the flux around it, Michael grabbed his kunai and jumped up onto his feet again. He immediately jumped to one of the platforms Aaron placed, grabbing onto the edge and pulling himself up.