OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I do, last I checked it no one had posted.

2. critsarecool

So, are the people that wanted to join gonna get their bios posted sometime soon, or what?

3. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

yes please

4. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

I really doubt it. Alaizia was into rp but even then not too active on the forum itself, no idea about the other guy we never really heard from him ever since he said he was gonna post.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  5. Boufman

I hate to double post, I really do, but @critsarecool you really need to post something on the shared document because I think Ikben doesn't want to write anything until everybody has posted.

6. critsarecool

I was gonna wait until there was some noise to wake him up, there's really no point for him to be interacting with Aaron right now.

7. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

The plane taking off is bound to make some noise. It did, BTW.
    If not... Stu, you're clear to make Luis raise up a storm.

8. Boufman

Oh that's cool.
    @Stu and Improved you're up.

9. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

I give up, this sheet is going to be a pain to work on.
    For one, it has to be up to standards, but everything i write somehow makes me feel like its a rip off of a Bill Murray or a Steven Seagal movie

10. critsarecool

It doesn't have to be Shakespeare, it just has to be ok.

Ikbenbeter likes this.
  11. Ikbenbeter

what is wrong with that

12. critsarecool

Btw, we are waiting on you in the group post.

13. Ikbenbeter

yes im aware
    i was waiting for a certain blade to make an app
    and i have been having a bit of free time i wanted to spend playing asscreedii

ill do it tomorrow :3

14. TachyonBlade

See, its a RIP OFF
    If it seemed like one, I'd have called it genius and run with it.

15. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

I got bored and did an example of what your char could've been like if you hadn't given up trying to make it: (Note, I am not trying to enter with this char, just giving him an example)

Example "Space Marine" concept
    Name: (Insert Full Name Here)

Appearance: (Insert Name here) stands at a large height of six foot, eight inches tall, with a meticulously kept buzz-cut and no facial hair. He normally wears tropical shirts and khaki shorts, but when mobilized slips on two bandoliers, one filled with flasks of gasoline and the other with ammo. Oddly enough, he wears his sandals even in the middle of battle, making him quite an odd sight. His hair is dyed white as a homage to his home country, and his blue eyes seem to be constantly looking around for any source of danger.

Primary Weapon: A custom-built "chain-sword" that is lightweight, due to the body being made of graphene, and perfectly balanced so he can wield it in one hand. It was also later modified to be a weapon of light.

Secondary Weapon: An abnormally large six-shot revolver with a thin graphene case, with holes around the barrel, that makes the weapon much bulkier. In addition, it has a fairly long range while still remaining both precise and accurate, but in exchange has a much more powerful recoil that puts even Desert Eagles to shame.

Role: Initiator and Crowd Control Tank: (Insert name here) uses his dark flux abilities to get a strong first attack to weaken the target before the others move in. When the others move in he switches his focus to removing as many enemies as possible to keep them off his allies.

Personality Plan: (Insert name here) is protective of his allies and ruthless to his enemies during battle, but outside of battle he's kind to most people and hard to anger. Unfortunately his battle mentality extends outside of battle, so if an ally is harmed by a non-ally his personality takes a turn and he becomes ruthless towards that person. As a result of his meeting with the demon and the subsequent loss of a team mate, ever since he learned that they were called demons the very mention of the word demon makes him immediately go into full combat mode, meaning that he doesn't let any ally out of his sight.

Background:
    (Insert name here) was born as one of many in a large city in Russia, though he himself can no longer remember its name, and was raised with the belief that he would become a great athlete someday, though his parents never actually knew which one it would be. He tried out for many different sports, but most of the solo ones he had no skill at and the group ones led into brawls anytime there was an argument, so most sports were quickly removed from ones he was capable of doing. Eventually he came across a sport that was called in the United States "football." He trained hard and by the age of eighteen was considered good enough to actually give the sport a try in the United States, so his family moved there and in a matter of years he was a defender. His large size made him quite imposing in the first place, but the added years of increasing his strength under grueling training made most of his opponents wish they had never come across him. One day after a game, a fan of the opposing team jumped out of the stands and punched one of his teammates. Before anyone else could react, that fan was tackled by (insert name here) and suffered three broken ribs, two broken arms, and had to be immediately taken to a hospital due to internal bleeding, giving (insert name here) the nickname of "Mother Bear." After this, he was involved in a few more incidents with overzealous fans and players, all of which ended with either someone seriously hurt or terrified of him. Unfortunately, these incidents piled up too much and he was forced to retire at the age of twenty-two, making him return to Russia to rethink his life while leaving his family behind. After a few weeks back in Russia, he signed up for the military, but due to his personality, and a little incident involving a general ending up in a tree, was discharged after three years. His desire to be a great name in football was still strong, so he returned to the US and after a few years became a football coach for the team he was previously kicked off of.
    He remained with this team until he was forty-five, keeping his body physically and mentally fit by helping the team come up with new plays and acting as a defender during practices. He had almost forgotten his brief period of service, though he did keep a loaded pistol on him at all times and maintained similar eating, sleeping, and workout practices as back then. After twenty years of coaching, a stray (Class E)demon wandered onto their playing field during a late practice and easily killed off one of their players while the others ran from it. (Insert name here) charged and tackled it, pinning it to the ground with his body before drawing his gun and releasing a few rounds into its head. Once he realized how little damage his gun was doing he screamed for someone to get him a new weapon or some help, but periodically fired another shot into its head to stun it for a little more time. When one of his students returned with a chainsaw, he motioned for them to start it up as he had to keep his hand on the gun in case the creature started moving again. The student handed the full sized chainsaw over to him and he gripped it with one hand on the trigger, lowering it into the demon's head and finally slaying the beast as the teeth slowly chewed their way through its body. Upon seeing him with a chainsaw in one hand and a pistol in another, one of the players started laughing at him, making him ask what was so funny. The person responded that he looked like a group from a game he played sometimes, and (insert name here) looked at an image someone brought up on their phone and laughed. Later that night, he called up one of his friends from his brief service and told them about it, which led to the other person proposing that he would look into the idea, but he thought his friend was joking about it, so he forgot about the whole idea. Unknown to (insert name here), his friend actually did look into it and began a project with the excess resources from military experiments, leading to a prototype "chain-sword" and a modified revolver. His friend then tracked him down and gave both weapons to him, saying that they would be useful if another creature appeared, but also apologizing for not being able to give him armor. (Insert name here) laughed and smacked him on the back before walking him back to the joint military combat practice that was going on. Two months later he was recruited by the Demon Hunters.

Magic:
    Dark Flux Abilities:
    Mark: Infuses his gun with the ability to launch a 'tracer,' and if it hits an enemy that enemy is considered a tracer.
    Charge: Uses a moderate amount of flux to launch himself towards the tracer, covering the distance three times faster than normal and makes any melee attack while moving do more damage directly proportional to his speed.
    (If he had also gotten the extra dark flux ability) Collision: Constantly consumes a small amount of flux while active, and when he falls from any height long enough to harm him, it converts his kinetic energy directly into a dark flux explosion at the cost of one step lower than it would actually cost to make such an explosion(All to most to large to moderate to small to miniscule). If he doesn't have enough flux, this ability still activates, but afterwards his dark flux-based abilities won't work until he gets several hours of rest.
    Light Flux abilities:
    Terror Teeth: Infuses his chain-sword with flux and creates phantom teeth that lengthen the normal teeth, but pass harmlessly through everything except demons. This ability uses up a moderate amount of flux constantly, so it can't be used for extended periods of time.
    Beacon of Light: Infuses your next shot with light flux, making the next object or creature hit seem like a being of pure light flux to all class E and weaker demons. This forces them to attack the object or being until either they're all dead or the 'beacon' is dead. This effect uses a moderate amount of flux to first activate and a small amount over time.

TachyonBlade likes this.
  16. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]
    Luis in a nutshell

17. TachyonBlade

Sweet baby christ King Toad.
    May as well try again. I mean, whats the harm in a little Steven Segal?

18. Ikbenbeter

as you might have noticed i have stopped posting
    more or less completely (on all forums i am active on) since monday
    this has everything to do with me being busy, tired and stressed
    the bad news is that it will last until january
    the good news is some illusion of hope or something
    idk i cant even begin to think of february next year
    (and guess what i leave the country the first week of christmas break meaning ill need most of the second week to catch up and get scared of fireworks)
    so the rp is on hold until end of january or another time if i decide that i can take it

19. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]
    Nice knowing you, RP!

20. Boufman

Let's not lose hope so fast Stu. Maybe Ikben can pull off the 'I'm putting the rp on hold for now but will continue it later' card as long as we don't wander off.