1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Deconstructing an item

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by h0ax, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0ax

h0ax Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering if there will be a feature like this, eg: deconstructing a sword to get some metals back you created it with. Like putting it back to the furnace or something. Of course, I'd expect a little penalty like you get less of the metal you created it with.

Grey Owl likes this.
  2. Athauxan

Athauxan Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes please. This would be so nice to have. I feel bad just deleting my old equipment because I feel like I'm just wasting what would normally be perfectly good resources. A way to break them down into some of the materials used to make them would be lovely. It'd be really great for the tons of crappy equipment I pick up in my travels. at lease then I could get a use out of them instead of just trashing them. Perhaps the rarity/quality of the tool would determine how much of the resources you get. so the really bad weapons like "poop poker" would hardly give you anything, but breaking down a legendary (why would you do that!) would give you a pretty hefty amount of rare resources.

Grey Owl likes this.
  3. D7X

D7X Star Wrangler

I could see a recycler being added but it'd probably just turn things into pixels.

Yarg and Grey Owl like this.
  4. PendragonVc

PendragonVc Tentacle Wrangler

Anything is better than the nothing we have right now! :) agree with OP this would be really handy! finding a chest with 4/5 weapons in it and just leaving most of them behind feels like a hell of a waste right now

Nef_123 and Grey Owl like this.
  5. Lecutter

Lecutter Space Hobo

Has anything changed on this front since December? This is a feature that's really required.

6. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

it'd be nice so i don't have to keep tossing hundreds of weapons out the airlock...

7. Harikura

Harikura Big Damn Hero

8. Dante98dzc

Dante98dzc Void-Bound Voyager

Good idea . A station that descontruct items will be great

9. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please look at the date when replying to a topic. This one is almost 6 years old and unnecessary thread-necromancy is a no-no as stated in our Forum Rules.

I am closing this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.