Pixel Darthkitten's sprites

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darthkitten, May 16, 2012.

?

Please let me know what you think.

1. 5 (As awesome as a T-rex in a nucular submarine.)

60 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. 4 (As awesome as a T-rex)

36 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. 3 (Average)

22 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. 2 (DO MORE BETTER!)

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. 1. Zoom in really, really, close. (40 by 40 pixels for regular people.)
    2. Outline the creature/object.
    3. Fill in with basic colors.
    4. Add details like eyes, teeth & fire.
    5. Shade outline.
    6. Shade inner part.
    7. Extras

For animation,

8. Copy & pasting & rotating & selecting & moving galore.
    9. Touch up all pictures.

2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

You make it sound so simple :rofl:

3. link large.gif
    Link & navi (legend of zelda)

TehEpikMonk and Epicface like this.
  4. [​IMG]
    Necromancer (castle crashers)

5. MechaShizzle

MechaShizzle Subatomic Cosmonaut

6. Dako

Dako Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dude, maybe try and add some more shading to your characters or some details, as they look kinda bare in that respect

7. Epicface and blind sniper like this.
  8. Dako

Dako Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dude, try to add more shading as at the moment these look no offence, but very high in contrast and too bright

9. Zizou

Zizou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice stuff :)

10. I really don't know what you're talking about. They aren't shadowy death blades of blood, for the materials they're made of, they look perfect to me.
    Have you seen the weapons put into starbound thus far? Heck, if anything, the purple weapons are too dark!
    We can ask other people what they think, and get their opinons, but until then, I like they way they're turning out.

11. Toakongu834

Toakongu834 Big Damn Hero

he kinda has a point... but the only thing that really irks me is there's no outline D:

12. Whoops, I do have an outline on the other pics though.
    I'll try and fix that.

13. Dako

Dako Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just giving you some advice, don't get so defensive! Just saying that imo, being as honest as possible, I think that they need more detail in the colours rather than just only a few shades of colou, they do look too contrasting.
    Also as stupid as this sounds, some of the images are too blocky, sometimes you have to consider how the pixels are going to look as a whole, especially the guns, if you get me?

14. I am sorry if I sounded rude, I just didn't understand what you were saying with your advice. I do understand what you mean with the color, Im working on getting better at that, and Taok was right that I forgot outlines. Outlines should make them look more "Natural".
    I fixed it, but the stupid editing is broken at the moment.
    But as long as I'm posting this message...
    Astatine Weapons L.gif Cesium wepons L.gif Sulfur Weapons L.gif Iodine Weapons L.gif
    I think they're much better, how 'bout you?

15. Dako

Dako Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah they do look better than originally, the melee weapons look fine now, but I think the guns could be changed a bit maybe so the handles look more smooth, if that makes sense?

16. Dako

Dako Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice but try and vary the colours a little within the pixel art, so it doesnt consist of only a few shades of that colour, but nice designs

17. Draconium armor l.gif

Draconium armor (For Murkydragon.)

Draconium armor is Incredibly heavy, and thus requires mechanical implanations to be inserted into the interior of the armor. Without it, you would have to be a superhero to even move in it.
    The implants take up room, requiring the armor to be larger than normal armor.
    This makes it difficult for a person in draconium armor to move through tight passages.

The pros of the armor lie in open field combat. The Armor has a charge function, so you can ram into your enemies and send them flying. In this suit, you're an unstoppable juggernaut.

MurkyDragon likes this.
  18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

woooo! Muy Bien!

19. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Try........ IRON!!!! Whoa....whoa...
    But seriously, you are an AMAZING artist on this stuff dude.