Customizable Support Bots

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Sarzael, May 4, 2012.

1. LongChan

LongChan Cosmic Narwhal

Sarzael, you can use some of the stuff that was posted in my "Drones and little mechas" thread if you want :D. BTW, great idea, thumbs up.

2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

How does this fit? Yours is about using magic trough bots, and mine is about Customizable bots. The only thing in common we both use bots.

3. LongChan

LongChan Cosmic Narwhal

Well, there were two different concepts over there: drones and little mechas. Little mechas were fully customizable robots that you could equip with several weapons and devices.

4. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think YES :)

5. I would definitely use these. I would probably use support bots the most.

Auraknight likes this.
  6. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

The bots could be like a following portal to home. A save button if you will.

7. SuperWillieD

SuperWillieD Pangalactic Porcupine

I would make a bunch of melee bots, give them bombs, and send them into an enemy base...

and when they got close enough to melee and wound up throwing the bomb... hehe...

:ssssssssss:

Auraknight likes this.
  8. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Yeah, but robots SELF DESTRUCTION!!!

Auraknight likes this.
  9. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

holy crap it been long time I hear this post again...I thought they pass this by law.

10. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

have fire-bots.
    rigged to blow on contact with foes
    and i'll give em creeper models

11. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

out of all your threads in my opinion this has the best presentation
    due to easily digestible chunks.
    the coloured headlines really helps alot.

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Have you seen my 4 pages of threads? I dont think is possible to see them all in less than 24 hours... And they re mine lol.

13. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

i meant out of all the threads of yours that i have seen.
    sorry about the confusion

14. Ricola

Ricola Void-Bound Voyager

Could people create programmable cards so that a bot can act as a ranged attacker in one scenario and a hands-free shield in another?what about party size limits? Could you create 15 different bots that shoot, block, and attack so that you become invincible?
    (I think a good limit would be two companions at once, bot or not) Could a high point on the tech tree allow you to create an android compatriot that can do almost everything you can, but still be able to be controlled by AI cards thus limiting its capabilities unless you're a master programmer? For normal bots, could engines be everything from legs to treads to wheels to hover jets?
    Just a few ideas.

15. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

not everyone plays online.

i like the idea of a support bot in case i need some extra firepower, or healing assistance. :)

16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Support bots work just like pets. You can have up to three at a time.

I meant healer bots...

17. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

ok I guess this forum come conclusion that we could have lots different type support bots
    • healer
    • carrier
    • support gunner
    • Defense
    • recon
    • scout
    • spy
    • collectors
    • demolitions
    • Guard
    • Watcher
    • Treasure hunter
    *edited*
    • Spotters
    and pretty much it I could remember what everyone said on that meaning.

18. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

hopefully this gets more support!

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I like the idea, especially customising the bot's stats. Maybe, as part of a kind of upgrade tree, the bot can have one ability (healing, attacking, defence, etc.) at the start but can have more unlocked. That way you can have one bot performing multiple roles.

20. Ricola

Ricola Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking something similar. If each bot had a certain number of storage slots(4-6?)and you had a custom chip(which could be the next tree teir after this) you could say, if____then do ____,if____then do____, and whatever other iterations!