Suggestion Custom Units

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MimiKitten, Feb 4, 2019.

1. MimiKitten

MimiKitten Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to paste what I put on the steam forum since this seems like a better place
    ---------
    Maybe a bunch of sprite parts or a sprite editor, in game, to make fully custom units. I was making a chess map, as my first map, and the scripting only went so far to let me control how the game played and quickly realized being able to make custom units would really help with this kind of thing.

I really do love the scripting you can do on maps. I was able to do these with it

In my chess map, units all have 1HP. (except "Rooks" (giants))

If you get a soldier to the opposite side of the map, your soldier is "promoted" to a "queen" (replaced with another copy of the commander).

you can only move one unit a turn

If you want to check out the map, check here.

https://twitter.com/VrcMimi/status/1091775972691660802

But, even with that, I wasn't really able to do all I wanted, which, included limiting the way units could move, which, I would hope custom units would allow for.

I know custom units will be a thing on PC with modding, but, I really hope this kind of thing has official tools in game, to make it cross play.

Custom units would include, units, commanders and buildings. If we had the tools to do the art ourselves, then, share that art so others can use it, edit it, add to it, I imagine a pretty decent database, of resources for people to make custom units with, would form