Modding Help Custom race problem?!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

Are you unable to join servers if you used a custom race? As of right now I'm currently using the feline race and I cant even enter my own server :( help please!

2. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

With custom content you, should only be able to join your own worlds, to play on multiplayer you will need the server host to have the mod installed.
    Now you stated that you couldn't connect to your own server, The only issue I can come up with is that something might just have been placed in the wrong folder.

May be an issue but I would get a Clean install or a backup and start again. Best of luck my friend.
    I will be around to help more if possible also maybe message Kawa?
    Again Best of Luck!
    -Mat

3. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

By your server do you mean one you're hosting locally or elsewhere?

Check the starbound ser or client log and see if any errors pop up.

4. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

A few things:

1. You'll need the server to have the files you're trying to load.

2. If 'your server' is hosted on your machine, then you broke something, because the server you host on your own machine via the launcher uses the same files as your single player game. However, if 'your server' is rented or hosted on a different machine, then you will need to upload the files to the server just like you modded your game.

2a. In addition, if your server is on a machine other than yours, then everyone else who plays on that server will need to the files as well, otherwise you will crash their game when you approach them and their game tries to load a file they don't have.

3. Alternatively, if you dont care what other people see, you could mod a normal, existing race into the felin. If you do that (lets assume you overwrite humans), then all humans will appear to you to be felin, but other people will see them (and you) as normal a human. Then you can hop to whatever server you want, since all the changes are local only. Its a little more complex process though, and needs a bit of modding know-how so that you don't try and load gear/hair files other people dont have.