Modding Help Custom hat invisible

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Superluigi321, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Superluigi321

Superluigi321 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, i just got into modding and managed to create 2 fully functioning guns. After that i wanted to move on to make a custom hat, which would combine the assasin set's head item and the cowboy hat. So i copied the head file of the cowboy hat and put it in my mod folder (in it's own folder), went to the assasin set and copied the picture from the .png and pasted it on the cowboy hat .png, I also copied the cowboy set's icons and removed the chest and leg pictures and cropped the image to only have the hat icon. I then made it craftable and added it into the player.config and started the game up. I crafted the hat and put it on but there was no hat at all, and instead just made the character bald. I got very confused about this and couldn't figure any way to fix it.

The log says that the game couldn't load the head.png because there was no associated frames for the head.png:normal. But i didn't change any of the 2 frames and only pasted another image on the right area on the head.png.

Right now the folder has:

-a head.png file
    -a icons.png file
    -a mask.png file
    -and the .head file

Anyone know what to do?

2. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

do those 3 lines match your's in the .head file

Code:
      "maleFrames" : "head.png",
      "femaleFrames" : "head.png",
      "mask" : "mask.png",
    another thing, the image could be broken, for whatever reason, i'd suggest to redo the image from scratch, same dimensions, etc.

throw up your logfile, if possible, easier than to just rely on what you've been saying.

3. Superluigi321

Superluigi321 Void-Bound Voyager

Haha, just making the image over fixed it. Much simpler solution than i thought. Thanks.

prodamn likes this.