Custom Farm Redux Crashed On Entry

Discussion in 'Mods' started by aegonisablackfyre, Jul 7, 2018.

1. aegonisablackfyre

aegonisablackfyre Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I load SMAPI I get an error in the command prompt for CFR. The error is: "[Custom Farming Redux] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
    StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Custom Farming Redux failed loading content asset 'Machines/Artisan Valley/still.png' from ModFolder: there's no matching file at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\Machines\Artisan Valley\still.png'..
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 109
    at CustomFarmingRedux.CustomMachineBlueprint.getTexture(IModHelper helper) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\CustomMachineBlueprint.cs:line 68
    at CustomFarmingRedux.CustomFarmingReduxMod.loadPacks() in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\CustomFarmingReduxMod.cs:line 388
    at CustomFarmingRedux.CustomFarmingReduxMod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\CustomFarmingReduxMod.cs:line 41
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 1000"

Could someone help me fix this? Now whenever I try to play Stardew Valley with mods, it lags like crazy.

• Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, Custom Farming Redux seems to be functioning there, but it's saying one of your mods that uses it (Artisan Valley) crashed because it can't find the image file for the Still machine.

The installation process for Artisan Valley looks a little unintuitive, so you may need to make sure it's in there correctly. Check your Stardew Valley/Mods folder. Is there a folder in there just called Artisan Valley? If so, you need to move some of its folders to different places. Inside the Artisan Valley folder, there should be a Mods folder, which you'll need to cut and paste back into the main Stardew Valley folder. Doing that should move the contents to their correct locations.

If it is already set up that way, or if that doesn't solve the problem, you might need to just delete and reinstall the mods that are causing problems. Artisan Valley is the mod that should contain "still.png", but it also has 3 other required mods in its Requirements section on the Nexus page; make sure you have the current versions of those, too. Custom Farming Redux also has one required mod you could check, but again, it seems to be functioning correctly in your log; it just can't find the image file another mod wants.

Hope this helps.

• aegonisablackfyre

I did exactly as you said, the error didn't come up, but the command prompt said it skipped Artisan Valley cause it doesn't have a manifest. It does that with a couple of my other mods, though they seem to work.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
        • Escaleone

If all your in-game content seems to work, you can probably ignore that message...it might be detecting the empty Artisan Valley folder in your Mods folder. If so, you can delete the empty folder to get rid of the error; all the mod's actual content should be in the [JA] Artisan Valley Machine Goods and CustomFarmingRedux folders, after the cut and paste.

If any machines are missing or the game is still laggy, you might want to post the SMAPI logs again. Artisan Valley also has a warning about lag when "too many" custom machines are in the same room, so splitting them up might help with that.

• aegonisablackfyre

Yeah my game is a bit laggy, especially when I go out to my farm, but not really anywhere else. I'll probably just delete the empty folder, hopefully that helps things. If it's still laggy, idk what to do, it's starting to get annoying, and it just started.

EDIT: It did not help, the farm is still laggy af

DOUBLE EDIT: Pretty sure what's causing the lag is Artisan Valley, and idk how to fix it. Oh well, guess I can't play Stardew Valley anymore.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
            • Escaleone

Like I said, it'd help to post your full-size SMAPI log. It shows any errors and also lists your mods, which would be helpful to walk you through uninstalling or testing them.

If you don't mind losing Artisan Valley features, find and remove these folders you moved earlier:
              • Stardew Valley/Mods/[JA] Artisan Valley Machine Goods
              • Stardew Valley/Mods/CustomFarmingRedux/Machines/Artisan Valley
              If you're still having problems (or can't find those folders) you can try removing other mods, or just remove every folder in Stardew Valley/Mods. That will disable every mod you have (unless you edited your game files elsewhere, in which case you need to verify or reinstall Stardew itself).

Keep trying if you want to keep playing the game~