1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Do I need to cut and paste or copy and paste them?

2. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

I bet over 20 min isn't impatience. Anyway things would be better, if there actually was a some kind of loading screen.

3. xcatx

xcatx Aquatic Astronaut

You just need to wait a bit after clicking. the game takes about a minute for me too load. also don't spam click the button as sit may crash the game

4. frozenspg

frozenspg Master Chief

On a mac, (specifically macbook air) if you can only see planets and hear awesome music after getting past the chucklefish screen, resizing the window may help.

I was in windowed mode, though the window took up all available space. I moved the window to the left a little bit, extended it to the right, and then it snapped back to taking up all available space but with the title screen menu options displayed instead of just planets.

I hope this helps someone!!!

mubstah likes this.
  5. allsilent

allsilent Space Hobo

If nothing happens when you click "Launch Starbound" (and I mean nothing happens), do the following (fixed my problem immediately): Copy Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\libeay32.dll to Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\launcher\

This fix, provided by Acru in another thread, works perfectly. Seems the launcher was just missing the dll.

6. Miaam

Miaam Tentacle Wrangler

Symptoms: You click "Play" on Steam and NOTHING happens, the launcher doesn't even start (Win7 64bit)
    Workaround: Installing OpenSSL

Some details: I tried running the game as admin (all .exe), running Steam as admin, removing In-Game Steam Community, the launcher was still failing to start. I noticed it was exiting with error code 1, no other details.
    Some searching around gave me the idea to update (install?) OpenSSL, that fixed it for me.
    The game now runs normally from Steam, not as an admin, with Steam Community enabled.

This is where I got my OpenSSL package from: http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
    (Win32 OpenSSL v1.0.1e Light did it for me)
    When asked where to install, leave the default, and when asked again where to put the .dlls, use the Windows folder (default too).

I hope this can help others :3
    I now have planets to conquer and stuff!

7. mubstah

mubstah Intergalactic Tourist

THIS WORKED. GIVE THIS GUY A MEDAL.

8. Zorik

Zorik Space Hobo

Sorry this one didn't work for me...

9. Dinkus

Dinkus Orbital Explorer

i get a not responding problem after i get the chucklefish intro and i cant play

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  10. grilledcheezus

grilledcheezus Space Hobo

Crashes upon start coinciding with the steam tab pop up. Totally bummed out after buying and downloading it on a whim. Hope you guys can fix this soon, this game looks so cool.

11. Zorik

Zorik Space Hobo

Do we need a 5000 bucks worth PC to run this game? Cuz geez, I can run Terraria and some other games like this on my shitty labtop just fine... what the fuck! I have ATI Radeon 4000 series or something like this... 4 GIGs of ram... what do I need to do to get the game to work fine? Maybe an option that says Graphics Quality :LOW or VERY LOW.... ???? I tried so much stuff that I read on this thread.... nothing does it! I'm just so fuckin mad.... It shoulda worked fine!

12. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

beta is beta
    they're only bugs

Unabanzie likes this.
  13. Zorik

Zorik Space Hobo

Agreed... they might be bugs indeed... but we're a fuckin bunch to be affected by these...

14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I have been waiting on Logo Screen. Three hours.
    Not gonna start, right?

The people who are saying it works, are not using Windows XP.

MrJareczkoPL likes this.
  15. MEKKA40

MEKKA40 Yeah, You!

starbound "quits unexpectedly" instantly on launch from steam, I have a mac and inside the star bound file in steam there are only these files:

assets
    linux 32
    linux64
    win32

And the star bound app, strange that there is no mac file -is thas what's stopping me play? And if so how can I fix it?

16. Keralix

Keralix Lucky Number 13

Got to love it when a i7-3770k, 2 gtx 680s, 16gbs of ram has a hard time to play this game xD

NovastarX and Zorik like this.
  17. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

I run Starbound on a computer with ATI/AMD Radeon with 20 or less FPS, is this just an under optimization problem?

Zorik likes this.
  18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Atleast you run it U_U

19. Zorik

Zorik Space Hobo

Let's hope so...

20. Zorik

Zorik Space Hobo

LOL! indeed sir, indeed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.