1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Sizes+Sea Creatures

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WeepingAngel988, Aug 26, 2013.

1. BastianHawk

BastianHawk Aquatic Astronaut

I imagine it will be so. The first boss was quite a bit bigger than the player. As the planetary levels scale upward we may see some larger varieties of enemies.

Large squid monsters in the ocean...would give me the creeps.

2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I have no clue for sure but I will assume and say yes.

tassina likes this.
  3. tackeart

tackeart Void-Bound Voyager

I do very much hope that we get gigantic sea creatures. And it's not because I want to find Space Cthulhu. :badpokerface:

tassina and JackOfAllTrades like this.
  4. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

They told us to be excited for what lies at the ocean floor.

tassina, JackOfAllTrades and tackeart like this.
  5. DatorSin

DatorSin Big Damn Hero

As a plant, I like my water to drink, not to fight in. I think I'm fine basking in the sun.

6. LordPants

LordPants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Large creatures should be a must! It would add another level of wow in exploration to find a huge sea creature or a giant lumbering land beast. So far it seems everything is pretty relative to player size :/

7. DairyProduct

DairyProduct Void-Bound Voyager

I hope to see creatures that can instill fear reminiscent of pictures like this one:
    [​IMG]

also, while im on the topic of sea monsters.. Something similar to the fabled "ningen" would be neat as well!

tassina likes this.
  8. WeepingAngel988

WeepingAngel988 Poptop Tamer

Thar is probably the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

9. tackeart

tackeart Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with Weeping Angel. Yeesh, that thing looks like a Deoxys in defense form.

tassina and JackOfAllTrades like this.
  10. pedpenguins

pedpenguins Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just can't wait to find emerald weapon hanging out at the bottom of the ocean :giggle:

tassina and Cain3k like this.
  11. Chucklehead

Chucklehead Subatomic Cosmonaut

What about a giant alien oarfish? These things are very rare to find in real life and it would be startling to pass by one while descending into the murky depths. They could even have bioluminescence which would be pretty cool to see with the lights off. Maybe they could drop very valuable loot?

[​IMG]

tassina and R_C_A^ like this.
  12. PoisonDF

PoisonDF 2.7182818284590...

Its a headcrab!

Anyway, i'd really like giant creatures. Not just sea creatures, but land creatures and flying creatures too. I remember playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I finally get to the leg and I see this huge level 80 thing that can probably kill me in one hit. So I had to run around it until I was a high enough level to kill it. I'd like if there were things like that in starbound. Giant creatures that you couldnt kill so you'd need to just avoid them till later.

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  13. TheTacoPanda

TheTacoPanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope to see Narwhals. If I see Narwhals, I will be content. Oh, also, the Kraken would be awesome. Just imagine being attacked by one on your ship.

14. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

Why would the size of creatures have any relation to the general state of development?

Anyway, that UFO boss they used to have was reasonably large, plus Tiy worked on some quite large bosses in Terraria, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

15. I hope there's Sharks.

16. Psyfun

Psyfun Void-Bound Voyager

With lasers.

17. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

tassina and DotBeta like this.
  18. Any Sharks will do, really.

19. Bith

Bith Aquatic Astronaut

I vote for a giant Mantis Shrimp.
    [​IMG]

20. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

Hope you are prepared to fight one of these bad boys or something similar.

[​IMG]

tassina and Bith like this.