1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crash On Startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ablekaine, Jul 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Have taken a break, came back after 1.4 to a whole host of new problems, mostly related to mods I bet. I cleaned out my mods this morning and the game seemed to work when playing with a friend, however went to launch it just now and it gives a giant error message:

[​IMG]

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

According to the message provided the mod with the id 1114465299 cant be opened by Starbound. I doubt this is an issue with the mod itself but with either the AV software or any other 3rd party software blocking access to the pak-file of the mod on your end.
    Try adding starbound to the exception list of your AV Software.

3. Ablekaine

Thanks for the swift response!

So I went and checked this and it's allowed on all settings by Norton, and all seems in order-and I even uninstalled all mods and launched the game just in case-it still won't run as a clean folder, no mods...

4. Iris Blanche

Can you provide a log from the mod-free session?

5. Ablekaine

I checked the location of the logs you have listed for this forum and it's not there, do you know the current location?

I found it, I think:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  6. Iris Blanche

It still tries to access a mod in the mods folder. Try removing the mod and provide the new log. Maybe its just a permission issue with the mod itself.

7. Ablekaine

When you say remove mod, do you mean clean out the mod folder? I have un-subbed from all mods on steam.

8. Iris Blanche

Yup. there is still a mod in the mods folder.

9. Ablekaine

Okay so I checked the mods folder, and what was still in the folder was not my mods, but symlinks used to run SWEL with PenGUIn (which I have not yet updated)

I deleted them, and the game still won't launch-it no longer gives the error message window, and the actual game window launches, but then closes before the Chucklefish logo shows up.

New log

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
  10. Iris Blanche

The mod "draconisdragons" needs a dependency mod installed => Draconis Race(Humanoid Dragon Race)

Install this mod and you should be gtg

11. Ablekaine

Okay but if I don't have any mods installed and it's still crashing that's a problem :nurusad:

12. Iris Blanche

I'll need a log without any mods to pinpoint the issue then.

13. Ablekaine

Both the ones I sent were without mods! My mods folder is clear, and I am not subscribed to any mods via steam! There. Are. No. Mods.

14. Iris Blanche

Both logs show installed mods. The first log has a mod inside the mods folder, the second log has a workshop mod subscribed with a missing dependency.

15. Ablekaine

Okay then I need help locating them. Cause this is what my mods folder looks like:[​IMG]

Alright update, I had to go through my mods via steam, and I did find the one you mentioned and unsubscribe for it-which was odd, since it was neither in my mods folder, or in my collections. It is now back to crashing before the game window launches, and pops up a window instead, as it did before clearing my mod folder of the symlinks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2019
  16. Iris Blanche

The problem seem to be the smylinks then. It seems that they're pointing to non-existing files anymore.
    Code:
    Caused by: (IOException) could not open file '..\mods\1114465299.pak' 3
    from the log which indicates that the symlink is still there in this case.

17. Ablekaine

Well crap. See this is a big problem, which I'll have to get help with. I need those symlinks in order to be able to use mods while running my dedicated server via PenGUIn, and if they're not in there I have to run the Dedicated as vanilla as does anyone who joins, otherwise it won't work. That's not great.

Let me clear the folder and try....

Alright yeah, works with the Symlinks deleted. That's great...

Do you happen to know anyone who works with PenGUIn and can help me get it set back up for 1.4 cause otherwise I can't run my dedicated with mods which...at this stage in the game's life means not a lot of people will want to join :nurunaughty:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2019
  18. Iris Blanche

I assume that the symlink for the mod id 1114465299 is no longer valid which causes this problem. This can happen when mods get uploaded directly via steamcmd since the mod uploader then can specifiy the filename. With the mod uploader tool provided with starbound the uploaded filename is determined by the workshop item id.

According to one of the logs you provided the workshop mods are located in this folder for you: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820
    You basically just have to make sure that the symlinks are pointing to a valid file when using them. So basically if you remove a mod via steam workshop the symlink wont get deleted in the mods folder which i am given to believe happened to the mod with id 1114465299.

Also avoid doubleposts :nurutease:

19. Ablekaine

Respond to show me you love me then! :nurusad:

That fixes this one problem, I was able to reinstall my regular mod collection at least, I'll have to hunt for someone to help me set up symlinks and such with PenGUIn if I can...

20. Iris Blanche