Crafting time

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Itora, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Itora

Itora Void-Bound Voyager

I always felt that this was one of the stronger points of Starbound, that crafting didn't have meaningless time constraints and that everything was very streamlined and straightforward. Now in the nightly, the new crafting system is so awesome. I love the way that everything is tiered. However, my biggest issue is that crafting anything requires this... Pointless time requirement. You can't leave the menu, you can't swap through the list, you just have to sit there and watch the item in question be crafted for absolutely no reason at all. It's not rewarding, it's not an engaging experience. It's just there to add worthless time consumption.

Why? There is no purpose to this menial addition to the game. And if there is, I'm open minded, I'd just like to know why.

nawg likes this.
  2. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Some call it realism, some call it artificial play time lengthener.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I call it a bug. Well, not the entire feature, but, rather, being required to have the crafting window open all the time.

4. Itora

Itora Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I don't mind having to have craft time or anything, I mean, I don't dislike it as it kinda feels more (artificially) rewarding when you're finished crafting all of your stuff.

It doesn't really matter though, within a week someone will have a mod to revert crafting behavior. I was just wondering if I could get any context as to why it was changed.

5. Skorpnok

Skorpnok Void-Bound Voyager

I wasted 50 mins crafting in one go because of this... (not a fan)

Pingeh likes this.