Modding Help crafting table recipe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gmoney2123, Jun 13, 2016.

1. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

If you look at other crafting station objects you'll notice they have a filter set.
    Wooden crafting table (lv1) has "plain" and "craftingtable"
    Iron crafting table (lv2) has "plain" "craftingtable" "ironcraftingtable"

These are the same filters that are in the recipes limiting them to specific crafting tables.
    If you want to make a custom crafting table then type a filter in the object file and the same in the recipe.

Edit: Mod stopping working out of the blue? Usually a missing or one too many commas :)

Edit2: Don't be afraid to edit your post if they're close to eachother. Double posting isn't recommended.

2. Gmoney2123

Gmoney2123 Astral Cartographer

okay,

then do I have to have a copy of each recipe in each corresponding folder?

if I want my table to be craftable by all the crafting benches, do I need to place the recipe for it it my corresponding folder?

i.e. my table recipe goes into
    /woodencraftingtable
    /roboticcraftingtable
    /ironcraftingtable

edit--- I can't seem to get my custom table to be craftable with the crafting table for somereason, and I've placed the recipe in my mod's /recipes/craftingtable folder. I've also patched the recipe with my player.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Gmoney2123

I'm guessing you didn't notice my edit, so this is to draw your attention to it.

4. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Folders has nothing to do with filters or groups.

Here's an example. If you want to craft your table at the iron crafting table then you need to make the recipe for your table have the group "ironcraftingtable".
    If you want to craft it anywhere... I can't remember if it's "plain" or "all". One is without a table (just pressing C), the other in all tables.

5. Gmoney2123

well yeah, I know that, but if you look through the starbound files the recipes are in specific folders.

plain is without crafting table.
    all is all crafting tables.