1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Crafting and a Minor Tech Issue

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Colexpminecrafter, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Colexpminecrafter

Colexpminecrafter Void-Bound Voyager

I love Starbound, the game is one of my favorite games and has been since early access. I love 1.0, and am loving playing it. That being said I have two minor issues. There in no way game breaking but their still a little irritating.

The first one involves the sprint and jump techs. If your using the sprint tech you can't use the jump tech unless you stop sprinting. This means if you want to jump to avoid death you need to let go of the w key repush the w key and then jump.
    My issue is it's easy to forget, and leads to some incredibly stupid deaths such as hopping of a mountain, and wondering why your double jump isn't working. I died to this twice so far. My second request is a lot less lethal. In Starbound when you craft something, it takes time. However, when something is crafting you need to be in the window. This means if your crafting a high quantity of something you can't do anything but wait. This can be really annoying. I would prefer it if instead of forcing you to watch, you could go away and collect it later when finished. I also would like it if you could craft multiple things with one bench at once, instead of being locked to one item type at a time.

Thanks for reading :D

Masiakasaurus likes this.
  2. Phantom Miria

Phantom Miria Phantasmal Quasar

I found out that if you just tap move to the opposite direction you are sprinting middle jump, you can use the jump tech, it's not ideal, you lose a bit of momentum but it's certainly better than nothing. I don't know whether it's a bug or not, hopefully it doesn't get patched.

For the crafting time, there's a mod called "Instant crafting" for it. I think it would be cool to leave it crafting and go do something else but that's not an opton at the moment and between tabbing out of the game while or instantly crafting, i'd very much take the latter.