1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crab Pots - Unable to Place in water

Discussion in 'Support' started by hirakhos, Feb 27, 2016.

1. hirakhos

hirakhos Phantasmal Quasar

I placed a couple of crab pots, was happy with the results and removed them.
    Made 8 more, found I couldn't place any of the 10.
    Not in a stack of 1, not in a stack of any number.
    Not after restarting the game, removing them from my inventory and making an entirely new one as well.
    I can carry them, but clicking on the water will never place them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Aside from the minor bugs, I absolutely adore this game already, it's what I've looked for for a long time.

Lellom likes this.
    • Che Ken

Che Ken Void-Bound Voyager

Just a small but expensive (at least early on) bug that was found during a stream from tangentgaming, when picking up 3 crab pots, he paused for a second before picking up the second one, which made the game overwrite the first pot, leaving him with only 2.

The next day, he went to collect the loot (2 crabs and a cockle - he bought a third again) and when clicking the two that were next to each other, it acted as if it looted them both, but only gave one crab.

Currently this means you have to place crab pots one space apart at the very least, and don't have a pot equipped when picking up any more that you have so that they don't replace each other.

You can see the glitches in action in this highlight from the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming/v/51212637

First glitch is about 40 seconds in, second is at about 17 mins 40 seconds in after a long day of fishing to make up for the lost pot :p

Lellom likes this.
      • hirakhos

To the Admin that renamed my post for clarity:
        The name isn't correct.
        I don't lose the loot, I don't lose the pot, it goes into my inventory.
        I just can't place them in water ever again after removing one.
        I renamed it again, hopefully that's acceptable.

• Dunto

Dunto Guest

It was merged with another thread that also had issues with the crab pots.

It looks as though there are issues with looting and placing crab pots, so they were merged into the same thread as they are likely related.

• Itsrainingstars

Itsrainingstars Space Penguin Leader

Same, I placed one in water then realized I didn't bait it and didn't see how. So I removed it and now I can't place it again.

• hirakhos

Seems to be fixed since the patch for me, ConcernedApe gets stuff done.

Itsrainingstars likes this.