1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Corrupted game without error message

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Maddocious, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maddocious

Maddocious Space Hobo

I've been making an entire planet level for a large scale build. Last night, while attempting to tear down NPC housing, all NPCs within the frame became stuck in loops, i.e. NPCs walking in place, or just not doing anything at all if they weren't to begin with. I couldn't interact with the world anymore, whether attempting to place or destroy blocks, open doors, talk to NPC's, etc., but I could use menus and move items around my inventory and hotbar. I could not, however, save and quit the game, and was forced to end the task.

This morning, I've been trying a few different approaches to resolving the issue. The game is functional on the ship and on other planets, but the one with the problem I ran into only seems to work as long as the error is not loaded. Once there, the game sinks back into the symptoms of being unable to interact with the world, now with the added problems of the area being replaced by nothingness and beaming to the ship causing the game to get stuck on the load screen, which I hadn't tried last night. The problem persists across characters, and now all four of my characters are stuck in the error on this planet, and cannot reach safety. Reinstalling Starbound did not fix the error. The game never displays any error messages, and never closes on its own. Most menus work, except the Save & Quit menu bound to the Esc key, which I can pull up, but is not interactive. I fear I've lost all the work I've done on my characters, and all the work I've done on my planet.

2. denisgur1

denisgur1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just had the same issue with my NPC planet!

3. Lechatpirate

Lechatpirate Yeah, You!

I had the same issue on my NPC planet too,can the problem be related to the NPC spawner ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.