1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Corrupt save file?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ayasha, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ayasha

Ayasha Space Hobo

[​IMG]
    I think my save file may have been corrupted- I read somewhere that when you opt out of the beta, your save files can get corrupted, however I wasn't sure as to how I could fix my issue with this. I haven't played in a while, its been a couple of weeks, and I thought I'd come back to play some more. The game wasn't working however. I needed to redownload stardew valley from steam for some reason when opening it, and after that it broke.
    I haven't tried to log on yet on the fear that my game would crash, it would get worse, or that it would get stuck like this.

How can I fix this? please help, this was the farm i'd been working the longest at qq

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

You probably got reset to non-beta (with no co-op button on the main menu). You should make sure you have beta selected in Steam (may need to re-enter jumpingjunimos code), and then "verify integrity of game files" in the local files tab. You should have the latest version again then, and your save should work.

• Ayasha

Ayasha Space Hobo

It worked! Thank you so much for the advice! You saved me ;w;