RELEASED Content Patcher *

Loads content packs that change the game's images and data without replacing XNB files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Any chance to make the 1.5 to be compatible with SDV 1.3.28? I think waiting for the stable 1.3.29 surely takes long :confused:

• igoutta

igoutta Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have installed SMAPI as well? Do you check you have the base Content Pacther folder in the Mod Folder?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MasterYoba Can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

@coldazrael I'd rather not maintain multiple versions, but hopefully Stardew Valley 1.3.30 will be out of beta soon.

MasterYoba likes this.
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Content Patcher 1.5.1 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.30 beta only.)

Release notes:
          • Added token support in EditData keys.
          • Fixed error setting EditData entries to null since 1.5.
          • Fixed error using tokens in Enabled field since 1.5.

• MasterYoba

MasterYoba Void-Bound Voyager

I treated it like SMAPI and didn't realise it needed to go in the mods folder. D'oh. Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Content Patcher 1.5.2 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31 beta only.)

Release notes:
              • Improved patch summary output a bit.
              • Fixed another error setting EditData entries to null since 1.5.

igoutta and hatmouse like this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Content Patcher 1.5.3 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31-beta only.)

Release notes:
                • Added patch summary hint if Target value incorrectly includes a file extension.
                • Migrated verbose logs to SMAPI's verbose logging feature.
                • Fixed yet another error setting EditData entries to null since 1.5.

• somnomania

somnomania Void-Bound Voyager

My utmost apologies if this isn't the correct place to ask, but I'm not sure where else TO ask. I'm trying to get a custom farmhouse interior of my own making to work, edited heavily from someone else's (I'm absolutely not uploading it anywhere, it's just for me), and I think I jumped in at the deep end, with too many different utility mods in play. My main problem is that I'm unsure how to direct the needed things to the fact that there are multiple tilesheets attached to the map, all edited or completely new. Packing isn't working, and simply sticking all the sheets plus the map in the folder isn't working either; one gets me absolutely nothing and the other gets me infinite loading in the game and errors about file locations in SMAPI.

Edit: Actually, I think I tweaked what I needed to where I could, it looks like the errors are coming from the fact that I'm trying to swap house interiors on an existing save file. What it's referencing is things in C:\Users\gitlab-runner, for things like GameLocation and DecoratableLocation.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@somnomania In theory you just need to copy the tilesheets into the same folder as the map you're editing, add the tilesheets to the map, and put the map and custom tilesheets in your content pack folder. Swapping interiors on an existing save shouldn't cause any issues. Come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord, and we'll help you figure out the issue. :)

(You can ignore the C:\users\gitlab-runner stuff, that just shows where the game code was compiled.)

• Amu Tsukiyomi

Amu Tsukiyomi Master Chief

I was just wondering, but with the new 1.3.32 update, is the 1.3.31 beta version of CP (and really any other mod you've made) compatible? Sorry if this is an annoying question.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Amu Tsukiyomi The latest Content Patcher 1.5.3 is compatible with Stardew Valley 1.3.32 (and all my other mods have updates too). Any mods that worked in 1.3.31 should work fine in 1.3.32.

• Amu Tsukiyomi

Amu Tsukiyomi Master Chief

Cool! Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Done in the upcoming SMAPI 2.9 (no changes needed in Content Patcher). :)

hatmouse likes this.
                            • flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to have a "when" token for when a given hairstyle is selected? I'm trying to do a proper bald-hairstyle mod, but to make it look right I have to both make hairstyle#1 invisible and do some fairly drastic edits to farmer_base. Ideally I would like the farmer_base edit to only apply when hairstyle #1 is chosen.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@flameofnight Thanks for the suggestion! I just finished the upcoming Content Patcher 1.6, but I'll add that in a subsequent release.

flameofnight likes this.
                                • flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

That's awesome, thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Content Patcher 1.6 is now available!

Release notes:
                                    • Added new tokens:
                                      • DaysPlayed: the number of in-game days played for the current save.
                                      • HasWalletItem: the special items in the player wallet.
                                      • SkillLevel: the player's level for a given skill.
                                    • Added Wind value for Weather token.
                                    • Added support for matching subkey/value pairs like "Relationship": "Abigail:Married, Marnie:Friend".
                                    • Added support for conditional map edits (via SMAPI 2.9).
                                    • Added support editing Data\NPCDispositions after the NPC is already created (via SMAPI 2.9).
                                    • Improved performance for most content packs.
                                    • Improved patch summary format.
                                    • Updated for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0.
                                    • Fixed language token always marked 'not valid in this context'.
                                    • Fixed token strings not validated for format version compatibility.
                                    • Fixed some 1.5 tokens not validated for format version compatibility.
                                    Update note for mod authors:
                                    * The Weather token now returns Wind on windy days instead of Sun. Existing content packs with "Format": "1.5" or earlier should work fine, since Content Patcher will adjust their conditions. Content packs which target version 1.6 or later should handle the new weather value.

hatmouse likes this.
                                    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for fixing the language token bug. But, after doing some testing I noticed that Content Patcher v1.6 no longer works with Shop Expander.

ShopExpander no longer sees any of the modded data patched by Content Patcher. So, I'm not sure if Content Patcher is loading too slowly or after ShopExpander in v1.6, or if it has an issue sharing data.
                                      Because, it works fine with Content Patcher v1.5.3(as long as the Content Pack doesn't have any of those language tokens.)

Works:
                                      https://log.smapi.io/BHcMbYer

Broke:
                                      https://log.smapi.io/d7w77Wuc

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MysticTempest That's a limitation of Shop Expander. Since it checks items immediately when the game starts, it won't see anything that's applied conditionally. Any non-conditional patches should work fine with it though.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.