Modding Help Code editing for personal use

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cyanAstrologist, Oct 27, 2020.

1. cyanAstrologist

cyanAstrologist Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to try to articulate this as clearly as possible, since it might start sounding a little jumbled. So I apologize in advance if it sounds confusing!

I have the following mods installed:

Stardew Valley Expanded (along with IF2R)
    Yellog's wooden buildings
    Medieval SVE
    Starblue Valley world recolor

I downloaded Medieval SVE so the buildings that come with IF2R better match Yellog's wooden buildings, since they currently don't have any replacements for them, and probably never will as far as I can tell. I love the look it gives my farm and how everything matches, but I've noticed that some static items outside the farm (scarecrows and beehouses in the community garden, shipping bins next to pierre's and marnie's, etc.) still have the Medieval SVE look despite the fact that I have the building overrides disabled.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the code to that only items on my farm are affected, since the random medieval-styled craftables next to the vanilla set designs kind of clash. The creator of Medieval SVE (Gweniaczek on nexusmods) has stated that they'd rather spend their time working on other projects, but they don't mind other people editing the code for personal use. Unfortunately, I don't know much about coding outside the very basic edits of a config file. So if anyone with more experience would be willing to help out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

• casualodyssey

casualodyssey Intergalactic Tourist

hiya! would you be willing to upload the Yellog's wooden buildings mod? It's hidden on Nexus and my old Stardew mods were lost when I changed computer :/
      If not, there's no worries at all, just hoping you could help a girl out <3