RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

@WoosterUK: Can you try this build and see what happens?

As a note: you can delete the TwilightCore.dll file in the folder now. (You'll note it's not in the .zip file)

Attached Files:

• WoosterUK

WoosterUK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, that works! It's still spitting out what look like similar errors into the terminal session, but I successfully saw the weather forecast this time. :)

Code:
      [SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.AfterDayStarted event:
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.UpdateWeatherOnNewDay () <0x42422b70 + 0x000ca> in <filename unknown>:0
        at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.HandleNewDay (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x424c9360 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x4217ce40 + 0x001bc> in <filename unknown>:0
      [SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.MenuEvents_MenuChanged (System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Events.EventArgsClickableMenuChanged e) <0x4227eaa0 + 0x000bb> in <filename unknown>:0
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs] (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.TEventArgs args) <0x4227ab00 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0
        at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.MenuEvents_MenuChanged (System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Events.EventArgsClickableMenuChanged e) <0x4227eaa0 + 0x000bb> in <filename unknown>:0
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs] (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.TEventArgs args) <0x4227ab00 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0

• Koihime Nakamura

I wish I knew what line it was actually objecting to. :< That said, I'll find it.

• Koihime Nakamura

@WoosterUK - I'll probably upload a test build for you tonight so we can pin down that error.

• Koihime Nakamura

Here is that test build. Can you send me the log it generates?

Attached Files:

• WoosterUK

• Koihime Nakamura

I was *afraid that was the problem*. It's failing to load the fsking file. aaaargh.

• Koihime Nakamura

Try 3. This should trace down the error. Failing that, at least it should terminate the mod if it's being dumb.

Attached Files:

• WoosterUK

• Koihime Nakamura

Uhm... Okay, long shot here. You do have all of the json files in Data/Weather ?

• WoosterUK

Yep. Well, data/weather, but I just tried with capitals and it doesn't work either. I unpacked the .zip exactly as supplied and have arid, dry, enhanced, monsoon, normal and wet all in data/weather/[name].json.

• Koihime Nakamura

Yeah, that turns to out to be it, I'm betting. I'll have a recompiled build up tonight, and that should resolve your issue. If it is, then we're probably at final release for testing!

• Koihime Nakamura

Try this build then:

Attached Files:

• WoosterUK

Looking good! https://pastebin.com/Nd0uHXuN

The weather report looks different from the base game as well, so I'm guessing it is working now. Thanks!

• Koihime Nakamura

That seems to be working. Was it a stormy day, incidently?

• Koihime Nakamura

Build with updated fog and icon drawing. This is probably a rc candiate.

Attached Files:

anothersarah likes this.
                              • WoosterUK

Yes! I hadn't taken my character outside when I did the test, but I just have. Much misty, so rain, wow!

• Koihime Nakamura

Patch 4 for November 1st. I meant to get this out a few days ago, but my home lost internet. Good thing, as there are a few patch note changes I triangulated last night that would have been left out. (Patch 3 was the above build minus a few things)

Changelog:

v1.1.12p4
                                  - the hud overdraw code is now disabled on festival days
                                  - the hud overdraw code that was unneccesary was removed
                                  - it should properly not darken on inventory menu (and others, by using the right event)
                                  - error fixed on normal and enhanced climates during the second week of spring
                                  - corrected an incorrect filter causing wind to never be

v1.1.12p3
                                  - Text tweaks to make it flow properly
                                  - The TV and popup will have some lines about fog now
                                  - The popup will scroll.
                                  - The probability of dark fog will be lowered to 8.75% and configurable in the settings option. It will also now default to having day 1 not having dark fog (probably hard coded to prevent option bloat)
                                  - Cleaned up some of the code, removed some debug spam
                                  - Rain Totems override chance isn't just the first one now, although that means if you get it to set a Storm totem, the next use might override it..
                                  - fixed issue where festival name would never appear in the popup, and the wrong text was called for the TV.
                                  - fixed issue where summer drylightning tried to call for thundersnow (!)
                                  - added fog icons to the weather hud, as well as a blizzard one
                                  - the window will be dark while it is foggy outside
                                  - fixed a path display error in Linux
                                  - fixed the path being capitlization inspecific
                                  - the mouse will draw over the icon again, and the weather icon darkens properly when menus draw.
                                  - No longer darkens for dialogue when it shouldn't.
                                  - fixed fog and snow drawing over hud code.

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere and anothersarah like this.
                                  • Koihime Nakamura

Patch 5 is now in testing. It replaces the stamina system with something a bit more simpler, but I need to do testing on a save for it.

anothersarah likes this.
                                    • Koihime Nakamura

RC 1 (Patch 5) now up

Draft of the Stamina Writeup:
                                      Very Important: Read this before you alter StaminaDrain in the config!

Rather than a fixed penalty for certain conditions, this now calculates a multiplier based on the conditions prevailing.

Every ten minutes, the mod checks to see if you've been outside for a certain percentage of the last 10 minutes. By default, it's set to 65%. (This percentage is calculated by counting the ticks you've been outside and the total number in the span to account for time change mods). Then, it generates a random number and tests it against a chance to get sick. By default, this is 70%. In addition, this must be during certain weather conditions:
                                      • Temperature: Frost or Heatwave (as defined in the config file, see the readme for more information)
                                      • Weathers: Lightning
                                      • Special Weathers: Thundersnow, Blizzard
                                      (NB: While you incur a stamina penalty for being sick in fog, it deliberately does not trigger this.)

The penalties are cumulative - that is, they add up to the final multiplier.
                                      • Lightning : +100% ( 1)
                                      • Thundersnow: +100% (1)
                                      • Thundersnow (nighttime): +50% (.5)
                                      • Foggy: +50% (.5)
                                      • Foggy (nightime) +25% (.25)
                                      • Blizzard: +125% (1.25)
                                      • Blizzard (nighttime) +50% (.5)
                                      • Frost (nightime): +125% (1.25)* (during the winter this isn't triggered.)
                                      • Heatwave (daytime): +125% (1.25)
                                      The calculated number is then rounded down.

For example, therefore, if you're outduring a storm, with the base of 2, you only take a stamina penalty of 2. But if it's also a heatwave, your penatly is now (+1+1.25)=*2.25 or 4.5. So a penalty of 4.
                                      If you're out in a blizzard during the day, it's *1.25 or 2.5 rounded down to 2. If you're out in that blizzard at night, another .5 (1.25+.5) is added making it 1.75 or 3.5 rounded down to 3.

(This does mean a foggy blizzard at night is (+.5+.25+1.25+.5 or *2.25), and if you somehow get this in fall, would be *3.5)

Changelog:

v1.2rc1
                                      - overhauled stamina system to correct an odd error. See writeup for more details.
                                      - updated the console command to actually update the internal tracker. :v
                                      - possiblity of all day fog (.1%) added to fog time

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017