RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

You should expect them rarely by default in winter. (And if you didn't change the weather from normal to enhanced, not at all in winter.)

• Olliepoppet

Olliepoppet Void-Bound Voyager

I love love LOVE this mod. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

I updated to the new beta last night. Setting the weather to "enhanced" breaks my game; selecting the weather channel immediately returns me to the station menu, and trying to open the mod menu crashes to desktop. Setting the weather to "normal" works mostly as intended, but I have "snow on fall 28" set to false, but I've had two days of extremely heavy, headache inducing snow on Fall 23 and Fall 24.

I haven't ever played this far before, so I don't know if the heavy red and white pixelation is vanilla snow, but either way is there a way to disable it without negatively impacting gameplay? Something about it really does give me a headache :(.

• Koihime Nakamura

En.. huh. Odd.

.. red and white?!

Uh.. Can you tell me what mods you have? Also, can you take a screenshot of your assets and data folders? And attach your SMAPI log file?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Olliepoppet The red pixels in the snow are unlikely from this mod; usually this is because of a broken "cursors.xnb" file that was packed with an old version of xnbnode. You may or may not have more transparency issues with windows/lights, but they can all get fixed by using an updated version of the cursors file you are using from whatever mod, fixing the red snow / transparency issues yourself or reverting back to a clean vanilla "cursors.xnb" file.

EDIT: @Koihime Nakamura , You didn't include the "arid.json" or "dry.json" entries in your download, btw.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
          • Koihime Nakamura

.... *opens up VS2017* If I find it didn't say 'copy local', I'm going to throw a fit..

and of course, it didn't.

Update that includes those files.

Attached Files:

• OooOoOn

OooOoOn Void-Bound Voyager

When you say enhanced, do you mean "extended"? Just want to make sure I change it correctly!

• Koihime Nakamura

No, I mean "enhanced" (the filename is enhanced.json)

• Olliepoppet

Olliepoppet Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for responding so quickly! I took FieryChaos' advice and overwrote with a clean cursors.xnb file, and the weird red pixels are gone. There is every chance that the rest of my issues are also user error, lol. Actually...this is a dumb question, but just to make sure:

The included asset and data files from your mod...were those supposed to be moved to the main Content folder, or were they supposed to stay in the ClimatesofFerngil folder? Because as you'll see from the path in the screenshots, I simply unzipped the mod and plopped it into my Mods folder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That possible snafu aside, here's my list of mods:

CJBCheatsMenu
                  ClimateOfFerngil
                  CustomCritters
                  CustomElementHandler
                  CustomTV
                  ExpandedFridge
                  GetDressed
                  GiftTasteHelper
                  HappyBirthday
                  Longevity
                  NPCMapLocations
                  SB_PotC
                  SeasonalImmersion
                  StardewValleyBundleTooltips
                  TimeSpeed

I've also got Ali's Foraging Map, a personal mashup of every furniture.xnb out there, lol, all of haywrites dialogue edits, and a lot of aesthetic replacers for things like the farmhouse, the trees, farm animals, etc.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

File path is correct. Let me look over your log and see what is causing it

Ah-ha

[15:48:23 DEBUG Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] Weather result is rain
                    [15:48:23 DEBUG Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] Snow is enabled, with the High for the day being: -3.00935420727271 and the calculated midpoint temperature being -3.65554680297248
                    [15:48:23 DEBUG Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] We've set the weather for Tomorrow. It is: 5

That.. I guess is possible, but shouldn't be in late fall. I'll troubleshoot it.

• Koihime Nakamura

Update:

- Climates now have a new flag set that will disallow snow in fall except for enhanced, wet, arid.

Normal climates got much colder than I thought. Muuch more colder. Correspondingly, they've been upped by 8 degrees, which should keep them *generally* above freezing.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Incidently: if you want to customize the weathers now, you can do so by copying the file you're editing and renaming it to user.json. (This is mainly to ensure you have a good original copy.)

Then set climate to user.

• Koihime Nakamura

patch release

- should fix an occasional issue with collection issue on day start

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Heads up, you didn't include updated weather data again (download has the old versions without arid + dry and missing "AllowSnowInFall" flags).

• OooOoOn

I downloaded the latest version, but cant seem to find the config file anymore to change weather to enhanced, wet etc?

• Koihime Nakamura

Again. Sigh. Give me a bit to repackage and find out why it was missing.

• Koihime Nakamura

So, lesson for not being an idiot: always pull from github before making changes.

To change the climate here, if the config file is missing, after running it once to generate the config, edit the ClimateType field. Make sure it's set to something with a valid .json file in data/Weathers

Attached Files:

• OooOoOn

Lol..

I loaded my game and it still doesnt generate a config file. Do I need to play a day first?

• Koihime Nakamura

No, I mean, if you get to the new/load screen..

Can I see your smapi log file?

• Koihime Nakamura

Hotfix (ver 1.1.5alpha)

- Will show a friendly error message if you don't have custom tv or custom element handler installed

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

So I was planning on releasing today since I have the day off and can spend some time coding, but I hadn't updated the latest branch to github so I don't feel like risking it. The stamina system will be re-introduced, marking the final system to reintroduce. It works this way

- If you're sick or out in a storm, you'll lose [tier1] points per 10 minutes.
                                          - If you're out in a blizzard or thundersnow, you'll lose [tier2] points per 10 minutes.

The blocker for this I'm probably going to have to figure out how to detect when you're eating. Or you'll just suffer it all day. As before, on sleep, all of these will clear. I can get all but the removal in tomorrow.

(NB: The old system actually stopped working, which is why I can't just reuse that.)

That will bump this to 1.1.6 and probably final before release, assuming no bugs crop up.

KThxBye910 likes this.