1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Client is launching "off-center"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mycelium, Feb 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mycelium

Mycelium Space Hobo

My client keeps launching with the game "off-center" which is making it impossible to navigate the menu and access the options in order to fix my resolution. I've tried changing the launch options in %appdata%, launching in administration mode, and several other obvious fixes (like changing monitor resolution/refresh rate, using key shortcut to go windowed) to no avail. Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be really appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/rlskG5J

Edit: I was able to fix this issue by going into the steam app, selecting Stardew Valley in my library and then clicking on the gear symbol at the top right of the steam app. From here I selected the "properties" tab which will take you to the "general" properties section. Here I unchecked both the "enable the Steam Overlay while in game" and "Use Desktop game theater while SteamVR is active" options. Upon relaunching my game it booted in its normal resolution again!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020